link between senselo sensehi and outA in LT6119

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
I'm just curious to know if you read the entire datasheet in detail and studied the associated internal block diagrams. The reason I ask is that I think the datasheet does a pretty good job of explaining what is going on and has the answer to your questions. I understand that you may not have read the datasheet in detail and are just in a hurry to get to an answer.

ETA: Note that the sum of the three resistors is 10,010 kΩ, so it should be a straightforward exercise to derive expressions for INC1 and INC2 given Vout which will determine the current in the string.

As for OUTC1 and OUTC2 the outputs are open drain and require pullup resistors. OUTC2 has a higher value pullup in parallel with the LED and current limiting resistor to avoid requiring the output to sink excessive current in the low state. My guess is that the two outputs sink about the same order of magnitude of current from the 3.3V supply, which would be on the order of 330 µV at the low end to 3.3 mA at the high end or enough to illuminate the unspecified LED.

ETA2: Vsupply pushes current through two resistors. The voltage difference across the sense resistor of 0.1Ω is promotional to the current going through it and is converted into a voltage at Vout which is used for the load current comparators, that are connected to the resistor string.

That is the 10,000 ft view. I assume you can do the math.

Last edited: