linear amplifier

ol'trusty

Joined Sep 9, 2009
Hi guys
I am interested in building an amplifier for sine wave input from a function generator . I would like the output to be 50v and that it would work at all frequencies.
Does anyone have a link or a schematic I could look into ? maybe the gain can be adjustable ?

Hope this is possible

Thanks in advance

Trusty

mik3

Joined Feb 4, 2008
An op amp followed by a transistor ans with the transistor included in the feedback loop pf the op amp is an easy approach. You can have gain between a range of frequencies but not at all the frequencies. What frequencies are you interested in?

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Hi guys
I am interested in building an amplifier for sine wave input from a function generator . I would like the output to be 50v and that it would work at all frequencies.
Does anyone have a link or a schematic I could look into ? maybe the gain can be adjustable ?

Hope this is possible

Thanks in advance

Trusty
Most linear amplifiers at RF frequencies operate over a narrow bandwidth with tuned circuits. Is that what you are after?

ol'trusty

Joined Sep 9, 2009
Thanks for the replys , but my knowledge might not be sufficient to understand all of the parameters. Maybe I should start with something simple that will amplify the low frequencies . maybe 1 -100 hz.

ol'trusty

Joined Sep 9, 2009
How about at least being to hear the frequencies with a speaker.. can someone guide me through it or post a schematic ?
Thanks

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Speakers means either 8Ω or 4Ω (or something else altogether, as speakers come in many formats and specs). You want something in the 10Hz-20Khz range, since that is around the min/max for exceptional hearing. Basically an audio amplifier.