Lincoln Mark VIII trunk light

Status
Not open for further replies.

norton

Joined Dec 4, 2010
i have a lincoln mark VIII which uses a neon like with a ballast box to control the running/park lights and brake light system. i have a few questions on using an led system to replace the neon bulb

1. i saw led neon flex tubing, would i be able to use that ( i ask because i dont want spot lights i want to have it glow like a normal neon lite would)

2 if not would the red reflector that the neon sits behind disperse the bulb light so it looks as one sold glow ( i was only planing on use about 4 or 5 across the trunk lid(its about 1.5 2 ft +/-))

3. using the 10.92 resistor i had read about to keep a constant load on the leds weather your parked or driving how do i set it up to meet the brightness for both park/running and brake mode.

ill try to find out wat the current usage of the neon bulb was for brake and running/park so an answer would be easier to give. thanks for the help

norton

Joined Dec 4, 2010
well i guess if 63 people view and no one could answer i guess ill just have to stick to being a mechanic or call me computer wizz brother sry to bother all of you

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
well i guess if 63 people view and no one could answer i guess ill just have to stick to being a mechanic or call me computer wizz brother sry to bother all of you
Non-standard lighting systems for cars are a no-no on this forum. The members didn't answer for that reason. This group has rules that are followed.

Status
Not open for further replies.