limiter circuits

timeline

Joined Apr 16, 2010
Hi, i'm new in here. I have an exercise which requests to make a circuit that limits the signal between 5.6 and 4.4 volt. How am i going to think? i' ll probably consider the limiter circuit to be the basic structure of my new circuit, but what about then? how can i control the voltage to be in this range?
Thanks for replying to my question.

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

Are the two voltages you give the lower and upper value of the signal?
Can you draw a signal trace for input and desired output signal?
What components are allowed for the circuit?

Bertus

timeline

Joined Apr 16, 2010
No these are two voltages selected probably in random. This is actually the second part of my exercise. The first one is about making the limiter circuit and drawing the waveform of the output for different widths. The second part is this one. By saying to draw a signal trace for input and desired output signal, do you mean to draw a waveform? like the limiter's waveform? we can use diodes and resistances. The resistance in our limiter is 1kΩ.

timeline

Joined Apr 16, 2010
Hi,
We have been taught zener diodes. So, will we use a zener diode connected with a resistance in order and an AC source? is that going to be my circuit? and how can i control the width? I asked today some people about the components you told me yesterday and they said that we can use a condenser too.
Thank you very much for replying to my post. I'm sorry if i spoil your time with my questions.