Lighting Control

RRS

Joined Feb 12, 2014
New to this site and although I searched for an answer, I apologize if one is here as I could not find an answer.

I have an Intermatic ET90115CE programmable timer for parking lot lights control. I have been searching for a timer that I can use for shutting down the lights earlier than the scheduled time.

The signal or relay would need to be a 1/2 - 1 second on or closed contact pulse, then return to an off or open contact state. This would allow the ET90115CE to resume it's normal programmed schedule.

What I would like to do is have a circuit that when activated gives me a preset time of approximately 10-30 minutes to get to my vehicle before the lights go off.

The reason for wanting this is the lights are set to go off each night at 10:30PM, but once in a while we might leave earlier than the time scheduled. Thus saving us a good amount on our electricity usage.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

inwo

Joined Nov 7, 2013
Nobody?

As usual, I'm confused.

You want the timer you have to work as-is?

Plus:
Have a button to push that turns lights on for ** seconds overriding timer?

Then what is the "1/2 - 1 second on or closed contact pulse"?:confused:

And this "
earlier than the scheduled time"? Can't you reprogram?

RRS

Joined Feb 12, 2014
Sorry for the confusion, and thanks for the reply.

I would like the timer to work as it is programmed to do.

The control box of the timer has a manual override button (momentary), press once and it will turn lights off, press again and it will turn lights on. This is where I would connect a relay.

Ideally, a single momentary switch that when pressed would activate a timer that after 10-15 minutes or so would send a pulse signal to a relay. The reason I mentioned 1/2 to 1 second was because if the manual override momentary button is pressed and not released the switch will not work until it is released.

The ET90115CE is in the basement and I want to mount this switch upstairs next to the security panel. That way we can set the security alarm then press the button for the lights to turn off after a delay, giving someone time to walk to their car before the lights go off.

Oh, and the ET90115 cannot be programmed to do this function.

inwo

Joined Nov 7, 2013
You want to connect a relay contact across the override button that when activated, would "pulse it", then 30 minutes later pulse it again?

RRS

Joined Feb 12, 2014
I would like the relay to pulse the override button contacts 10-20 minutes after the switch by the door is pressed.

inwo

Joined Nov 7, 2013
What would start the process?

The button is pressed.
The light timer is overridden.
The new timer starts.
After "time" button contacts are pulsed. = (override ended)

Hows that?

Can the switch by the door be changed? Important!
What is available to power timer?
120vac at the switch? At the timer?

Last edited:

inwo

Joined Nov 7, 2013
No matter what your answer, I haven't come up with a simple solution.:(

It's going to be a smart timer.

Like suggested on post two here.http://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/showthread.php?t=94501

If it were me:
I would add a 30 minute spring timer and a heavy enough relay, to either power the light circuit directly, or pull in the lighting contactors, by paralleling the existing control circuit, from intermatic timer.