light bulbs in series

superway

Joined Oct 19, 2009
Hi,

I have 2 light bulbs 120vac 25W and connect in series, and 2 heat element resistors 120vac 1500W each and connect in series. I will apply 230vac 50hz single phase to each end of resistor. Is there any concern about unstable voltage? and the light bulbs and resistors are turned on properly?

Thanks for your times

Attachments

BillB3857

Joined Feb 28, 2009
Not trying to be cruel, but if you need to be asking these questions, you have no business playing with 230VAC line voltage. Besides, it violates the terms of use and this thread will probably be closed as soon as a moderator sees it.

ErnieM

Joined Apr 24, 2011
Is there any concern about unstable voltage? and the light bulbs and resistors are turned on properly?
The voltages should be well and stable, there is nothing to destabilize them.

Everything should go well as long as you wiring follows your drawing.

Do exercise great care when working with lethal voltages like this. Always turn the power off before working on the wiring, and always assume the power is still on anyway.

superway

Joined Oct 19, 2009
Bill is correct. In the interest of safety I suggest you seek help from someone who is more knowledgeable.
Did I violate this forum when asking 230Vac? I know safety is priority, no way to mess up with high voltage, but this a my question, I just want to ask.

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
I did not close your thread because I did not see any blatant violations. However, I did caution you that what you are working on could be fatal. As the previous poster said in post #2, you ought to stay away from from dangerous situations if you lack sufficient knowledge.

I left this thread open so others can supply sound advice.

This thread will be promptly closed if it appears headed in the wrong direction.

Jaguarjoe

Joined Apr 7, 2010
Working with one hand in your pocket helps.

Over the years I've been bit by many high voltage devices such as CRT second anodes, horizontal output tube plate caps, 440 legs and 240 volt house/workshop wiring, etc. I'm still here.