Lets talk about temperature forcing systems

Yevgeny79

Joined Aug 7, 2017
We are a professional team developing and manufacturing temperature forcing systems for IC testing and verification. Feel free to ask on any issue. Looking forward to our productive chat.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Odd that you picked up on my idea for the Lets talk about series It can be interesting as a machine maintenance tech I was always making external temperature controllers that used an omega temp controller w/ a thermocouple input and a solid state relay to control the temperature of a device, be it a oven or a hotplate, by turning the heaters on and off. There is a trick You have the power turn off at the right time to adjust for thermal mass. I got quite good at it Sadly I am disabled, unemployable(for now), and out of practice. Been thinking a lot about crystal ovens. I would need a small sensor like a thermistor. It is simple to use and easy to design figure a tight chamber about the size of a small box of matches. Note: schematics are the language of electronics. Be cautious of promoting products from your company We tend to look at that as spam and can result in an automatic ban. But Having done work with the subject also I know it can be an interesting one.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
I remember being a line tech for Rockwell Int. 9good work if you can get it, testing Microelectronic circuit many for military we used somthing called the elephant it was a dewyr bottle filled with liquid nitrogen to test these circiut to-60°C and150°C to meet milspec temp requirements.the trunk of the "elephant was a air blower that woul blow temp controlled N2 to the UUT.Nowadays it is done fairly differently.

Yevgeny79

Joined Aug 7, 2017
I remember being a line tech for Rockwell Int. 9good work if you can get it, testing Microelectronic circuit many for military we used somthing called the elephant it was a dewyr bottle filled with liquid nitrogen to test these circiut to-60°C and150°C to meet milspec temp requirements.the trunk of the "elephant was a air blower that woul blow temp controlled N2 to the UUT.Nowadays it is done fairly differently.
Yes that's a traditional way to use air stream to force the temperature. We have developed a much more cost-efficient and accurate technology using direct conduct

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
We alslso used local water chillers withe heaters on larger PCBs We used Omega controller boxes I made for heatingI am hoping when I recover enoug to get my hands on thermisters the get an idea of their physical demension. I know of one person here who is wanting to use a Pic circuit for a chick incubatoy. Environmenta temp control is not hardm but the energy can be expensive.