Lennys HW

saleileen

Joined Jul 31, 2012
I have the following parallel circuit:

Using diagram 8.125, I need to solve for:
a. V1
b. V2
c..VR2
The results are said to be as follows,I would appreciate step by step instructions on how to arrive at these numbersLennys HW
V1=29.3V
V2=33.3V
VR2=50V
Thanks in advance for any help
Sal and Eileen

saleileen

Joined Jul 31, 2012
I see the image did not come through. My computer skills in using this forum are new to me. More than likely I need lessons in using the forum more than get answers. Since I do not understand how to use properly. So this is thanks from an 83 year old Aeronautical Engineer attempting to brush up on parallel circuit to help his son with his HW.
Thanks,
Sal and Eileen

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
You can upload images directly to this forum, but I don't remember if you need 10 posts before that option is available (may be on a different forum).

Click post reply at the bottom left
on the new page, below the text entry box, there should be a link that says "manage attachments"

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
A lot of new members post images with their very first (and often only) post. So it can certainly be done.

If the circuit isn't too big, you could also post the netlist. This is simply a list of each device and how it connected to other devices. You do this by simply assigning a name or number to each node in the circuit and then going through and describing each component and how it is connected. If you are interested in trying that route, say so and I will help you with a couple of examples. If the circuit has less than a dozen devices, this is pretty easy to do manually.