LED's with drums help

chongolio

Joined Mar 22, 2010
I was trying to order the parts on line and was thrown off by all the different types of capacitors. I am just getting back into electronics after a long hiatus. I appreciate your response.

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
I was trying to order the parts on line and was thrown off by all the different types of capacitors. I am just getting back into electronics after a long hiatus. I appreciate your response.
Well then, welcome back. ;) We were wondering what happened to you...

I hope you have fun with the circuit.

jman 31

Joined Apr 6, 2009
Hey Guys,

I have done extensive testing on different circuits for doing exactly what you are trying to do here. I know this is a few months old, but I thought I would share my work with everyone. HERE is my little DIY forum where I documented all of my attempts before I got it right. You will have to register to see the pictures. I have also developed a kit that does this through midi if anyone is interested. That can be found HERE. And the build log is HERE.

Bernard

Joined Aug 7, 2008
The LED light will fade ,rate controled by the pot,R2. If pot were opened, the LEDs would stay on untill leakage discharged C1- minutes or hours.

m6255

Joined Jan 1, 2016
I am trying to get some LED's to light up when I hit my drums. I can light up the LED's just fine with a battery, but when I hook a piezo transducer to my drums and strike them, the LED's barely light up... how can I get the LED's to light up all the way when I hit them? I am thinking it is the sensitivity of the piezo transducer? is there any practical way to get this to work? I am not really knowledgeable so please explain things thoroughly. thanks!

m6255

Joined Jan 1, 2016
I am hoping someone can convert this schematic to a basic wiring diagram. This is exactly what Im looking for except I can not read a schematic. Ill gladly pay someone to do this for me.

hp1729

Joined Nov 23, 2015
I am trying to get some LED's to light up when I hit my drums. I can light up the LED's just fine with a battery, but when I hook a piezo transducer to my drums and strike them, the LED's barely light up... how can I get the LED's to light up all the way when I hit them? I am thinking it is the sensitivity of the piezo transducer? is there any practical way to get this to work? I am not really knowledgeable so please explain things thoroughly. thanks!
Cool idea. What color? Blue for base, yellow for snare? White for cymbals? How bright? Visible from anywhere in the audience? How many drums? Light up the drums or an overhead display?

Last edited: