LEDs - DMX to PWM board - wiring individual drivers to each channel?

_shorty_

Joined Oct 13, 2016
Hey all,
I'm looking for some input on potentially wiring up a DMX (controlled) to PWM (output) (30 channel) board. I'm looking to drive and control 0-100% dimming on some inexpensive Chinese LED down lighting. The drivers included with each light are supposed to dim, but I wanted to have an alternative (backup) method be able to dim to 0 (just in case).

Included is a link to a diagram with the recommended wiring for the 30 channel PWM board vs my proposed wiring. My question is if I can wire individual drivers into each channel this way? I'm assuming that if the V+ output terminals are not used, then the pulsing happens on the DC negative side of each LED circuit... and if this is the case, I SHOULD be able to use a driver on each channel instead of using one big driver to power the whole board and all 30 channels as long as my amp draw does not exceed overall amp ratings for each channel. Does this sound right? Is there anything I'm missing, or haven't thought of? (oh - and in my diagram - I don't have any AC input to the individual drivers. That is 'implied'. )

If this doesn't work, I supposed I could price a constant current driver for all circuits, but I may need additional help sizing this.
Thanks in advance for any advice or input!
Here's a link to the diagram - https://pix.sfly.com/e21PXx

Attachments

_shorty_

Joined Oct 13, 2016
I got feedback from the guy selling the board with a real answer finally. He said this wiring scheme should be fine.