Led strip questions

kev2809

Joined May 3, 2011
I found a few postings on ebay that sell led strips...that come with a 12 volt plug. They also can be cut down to size if too long. After reading about the cheapness of the power quality, im kind of skeptical in buying them (along with the fact of waiting a month for shipping). I was wondering if anyone knows a source or company to buy led strips that plug directly into a U.S. wall outlet. What im basically doing is, i made a wood cut out of an nfl team logo, and i would like to add blue lighting on the backside of it or along the edge, and simply plug it into the wall outlet. Any help tips appreciated!

LDC3

Joined Apr 27, 2013
If the display is just going to be ON occasionally, then you could use regular small lights for the display. Yes, I know it probably would use more power, but if it was ON for 3 hours a week, would it empty your pocket?

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
A string of LED Christmas lights would be cheaper and plug into the wall directly.

For your application, you might like the look of EL tape or wire. Continuous instead of point light sources.

bwd111

Joined Jul 24, 2013
I found a few postings on ebay that sell led strips...that come with a 12 volt plug. They also can be cut down to size if too long. After reading about the cheapness of the power quality, im kind of skeptical in buying them (along with the fact of waiting a month for shipping). I was wondering if anyone knows a source or company to buy led strips that plug directly into a U.S. wall outlet. What im basically doing is, i made a wood cut out of an nfl team logo, and i would like to add blue lighting on the backside of it or along the edge, and simply plug it into the wall outlet. Any help tips appreciated!
Just bought some with the remote control for 6 bucks from a company in oregon and they work great and they are bright and they are going in the RV

kev2809

Joined May 3, 2011
Nice prices on both of them...definitely a better option than the china ones.

2 questions... Bwd111 - do you know the website from oregon you ordered yours from?

And... Could i order 2 seperate color strips and wire them into one plug ? Or would i have to use one plug for each strip?

kev2809

Joined May 3, 2011
Yep. Just seen those, the 5 meter is closer to what i would need anyways. I think i will get one 5 meter blue, and one 5 meter white.

Would i need this.. "30 Watt LED Power Suppply Driver Transformer 120 to 12 Volt DC Output, 3207". OR " 24 Watt LED Power Supply Driver Transformer, 110 volt AC to 12 volt DC Output". Trying to figure out which one i would actually need to wire into...

Those are both from amazon as well....and can 2 seperate color wire strips be wired into the same plug?

LDC3

Joined Apr 27, 2013
Yep. Just seen those, the 5 meter is closer to what i would need anyways. I think i will get one 5 meter blue, and one 5 meter white.

Would i need this.. "30 Watt LED Power Suppply Driver Transformer 120 to 12 Volt DC Output, 3207". OR " 24 Watt LED Power Supply Driver Transformer, 110 volt AC to 12 volt DC Output". Trying to figure out which one i would actually need to wire into...

Those are both from amazon as well....and can 2 seperate color wire strips be wired into the same plug?
Post the question on Amazon, maybe they already know the answer. I would only be guessing.