LED on circuit board help.

Godfree

Joined Feb 2, 2009
Hey guys,

Was having an issue with one of the LED's on my LED mousepad and I was looking to see if I could get some feedback.

Basically there are 2 LED's on my mousepad that light up the pad. One LED light is nice and bright the way that it should be, no problems, but the other LED is very finicky. Sometimes the LED works fine and is as bright as the other, sometimes it continually flickers, and sometimes it doesn't work at all. Just by looking at the board I don't see any physical problems to it. All the solders seem alright, the capacitors on it seem fine. Basically I guess my main question is why would one LED work perfectly fine, yet the other be so odd? I've tried other LED's in the same spot and they were also odd, so It's not the LED.

Tesla00010010

Joined Jun 20, 2008
It is hard to tell what is happening on your mousepad,but i can say sometimes what looks like a good connection it doesnt really is.If it sometimes flickers and sometimes doesnt it is possible that there is a bad solder in there,i would say to open it and resolder to see what happens