LED lights conversion: Need a new circuit. PLS HLP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jomeza001

Joined Jan 23, 2014
**To moderators: Can you please move this to "The projects Forum" ?? Tnx in Advance.

From factory my 2004 Jeep Wrangler comes with ordinary, 2 filament bulb up front. I have converted to LED lights with only two wires (Neg, and Pos).

So the goal is to get the LED Lights to:
1.-LED's to Blink when the turn signal lever from the steering wheel is activated
2.-LED's to run at full power while the marker lights are on
3.-LED's to blink on turn signal even when the marker lights are on.

The image below shows a relay configuration someone posted in a Jeep forum. It works great *ONLY* when the marker lights are ON. This means during the day, this circuit leaves me with no turn signal lights.
Here the details:

Relay wiring will tap into the stock circuit in the following way;
Pin 30 is the positive wire from the Jeep marker light circuit
Pin 85 is the floating ground wire from the Jeep turn signal circuit
Pin 86 is the relay ground to the body
Pin 87a is a positive wire to the side marker LED positive input
Pin 87 is unused

The relay works by allowing the side LED's to run at full power while your marker lights are on due to the 87a side of the relay being energized. Once the turn signal wire energizes it flips the relay over to the 87 pin causing the side LED's to lose (+) power and the LED to go out. Once the turn signal cycles to off, the relay clicks back over to the 87a pin causing the LED to light back up. Doing this allows them to flash between full power and completely off.
So my quesiton is... what do you suggest to achieve to light up the leds as turn signals but during the day when my marker lights are off???

Any question will be appreciated!

Attachments

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.