led indicator circuit help

MadmanMacguyver

Joined Feb 22, 2011
I am building an indicator circuit to show a power supply is plugged into my project box the problem is the project is also designed to have battery power when it is being used in the field and the battery circuit is nullifying a ground necessary for the led indicator to function I am trying not to reduce the voltage going to the load from the power supply or the batteries but I need to isolate the 2 and perhaps also gain the ability to keep the batteries in the box w/o the power supply damaging the batteries is a diode the only solution to enforce unidirectional power flow or is there another method...

You'll have to pardon me I found this forum on accident I am mildly autistic and my previous electronics education comes from basic and advanced electronics courses in high school in 86 I remember most of the functions of semiconductors but I am very rusty...lol any help would be appreciated I have been reading thru this forum and the lessons but so far have not seen the information I am looking for.

Attachments

Last edited:

MadmanMacguyver

Joined Feb 22, 2011
srry I may have an IQ of 160 + (at least that's what they tell me) But I have a non-verbal learning disability I can communicate vocally and sound like the nutty professor but even typing I look like an id10t...lol this is a homemade personal vaporizer...an E-cig It has helped me quit a very bad habit I picked up 20 yr ago I am on a forum for other Ecig users and some of them liked my mod box and wanted a description/tutorial this is a prototype...the later design is supposed to have a RGB led to do the indicator I am trying to place a led between the switch on top and the psu connector however the wiring for the batteries is nullifying my ground I need to make the circuit unidirectional hold on have to resend diagram need to get cad or something sooner or l8r what do people use for making circuit diagrams now anyway so I can make better looking ones. the first design I made was all in my head.but telepathy doesn't exist so if I want to distribute I need something much neater than my hands.

Attachments

Last edited:

MadmanMacguyver

Joined Feb 22, 2011
I need something better than paint however it looks more legible now. if there is something I can download to b able to input in resistors and such plz tell me as I can do so.once again I appreciate the help.If you don't mind I will be trying to refresh my memory on the forum i remember a lot of this stuff other than the tech I learned on is ancient now...I work on cars doing electrical work and transmission R&R so I have forgotten most of the stuff on electronics other than wiring and computers.

Last edited:

nerdegutta

Joined Dec 15, 2009
I need something better than paint however it looks more legible now. if there is something I can download to b able to input in resistors and such plz tell me as I can do so.once again I appreciate the help.If you don't mind I will be trying to refresh my memory on the forum i remember a lot of this stuff other than the tech I learned on is ancient now...I work on cars doing electrical work and transmission R&R so I have forgotten most of the stuff on electronics other than wiring and computers.
Hi,

try this:
http://www.cadsoft.de/

For both schematic and PCB.