Led Grow Light

TomatoMan

Joined Oct 16, 2011
The power supply is is switched on by jumping the 3rd and 7th pin together on a 6 pin conector. Once I disconect the jump wire it always turned totaly off but now it is still putting out 18-19volts. I can here the capacitor clicking on and off when I jump then unjump the switch. Jaclement the 19 volts are there with no strings of leds connected. If there is not a saftey issue of something burning up it would not be a problem the PS will be on a timer so it would have power cut to whole unit.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
I would go for the AC power myself. You can also get timers fairly inexpensively (even true digital models) that will turn on/off the power.

Is this unit still under warranty?

TomatoMan

Joined Oct 16, 2011
I agree going AC for the fans was the best bet. So any ideas what could be causing the power to stay half on? My rookie mind was thinking something to do with the capacitor what do you think? Not sure if it is under warranty it may be more hassel than it is worth trying to exchange it plus adding the shipping cost might be better off buying a new one if there is a fire hazard to using it.

Last edited:

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
It doesn't sound right, but if you don't smell smoke I wouldn't worry a lot about it. I would wire it where it produces full voltage (if that is an option) and turn it off at the power cord.

I would write the seller and voice your concerns though. It might be easier than you think.