LED Driver using the ZXLD1350

RodneyB

Joined Apr 28, 2012
I for my sins purchased several LED down lighters for a project I was working on from a company in China.

Within 10 minutes all the drivers had failed, the surface mount LED driver and various other components literally fell off the boards. Another example of cheap junk.

I now find myself in the position where I have to replace the lights or repair the drivers. Having had a failure already I personally would like to build the driver where I can heaven forbid it happens again replace or repair the driver.

I have since purchased the ZXLD1350 LED driver a SMD device and all the associated equipment.

According to the information on the Lamp I need to build a driver that drives the LED’s at 350mA from a power supply between DC13-36 Volts. Therefore I decided on a 24 Volt DC power supply into the LED driver.

There is a circuit diagram on the data sheet showing a typical application circuit. (Data sheet attached)

I have managed to purchase all the components bar the inductor. In Zimbabwe we do not have a supplier for SMD components and the suppliers in South Africa do not have a 47 Uh SMD inductor. Are there alternatives that can be used As I cant seem to find a suitable detail about what the purpose of the inductor is for and how to calculate the required size.

These lamps will not have a dimmer attached ever.

Many thanks

Rodney

Attachments

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

On page 16 of the datasheet there is a table with some alternatives for the inductor value.
The value may be between 47 and 220 μH.
If you can not obtain the smd inductor, you might want to look for moulded inductors.

Bertus