LED brake/tail light question from a noob

Status
Not open for further replies.

bblevins34

Joined Aug 14, 2011
This is my first post here and I have to say that this forum is very impressive. I have learned so much searching the old post. I am building a brake/tail light for my motorcycle very similar to one I found in an older post but still have one question.

In the following schematic he is using the brake light wire and the running light wire to power the LED's. The running light wire is passing through a diode and the brake light wire is not. When the brakes are applied will the runing light wire still be sending power to the LED's? If so does this cause a problem? Sorry for the ignorance I just do not know. Thanks in advance for any help.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Just as well, automotive topics are banned as part of the Terms Of Service (ToS) at AAC. If you have any questions about LEDs and such don't link them to automotive functions. We have a link somewhere that recommends some other forums that can help when it concerns automotive.

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
I have removed the schematic that I posted in that topic.

We no longer support discussions on "automotive modification" topics, as there is simply too much risk involved for those attempting such things. Even experienced, degreed automotive engineers make mistakes that regularly cause accidents. A comparatively inexperienced hobbyist would be far more likely to make mistakes than improvements.

I urge you to not attempt the modification; keep your lights just like they were as delivered from the dealer. If you'd like to experiment, do so on the workbench, but not on your vehicle.

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

I am closing this thread as it violates AAC policy and/or safety issues.

Quote:
6. Restricted topics. The following topics are regularly raised however are considered “off-topic” at all times and will results in Your thread being closed without question:

• Any kind of over-unity devices and systems
  • Automotive modifications
  • Devices designed to electrocute or shock another person
  • LEDs to mains
  • Phone jammers
  • Rail guns and high-energy projectile devices
  • Transformer-less power supplies
This comes from our Tos:
Terms of Service
There will be enough sites where automotive questions can be discussed :
Member selected automotive forums

Bertus