LED array that indicates increased voltage

Status
Not open for further replies.

ojibway

Joined Sep 25, 2009
Good day,
I actually have two Questions. to begin, the project that I am building is based on Dr. Hulda Clark's zapper. This is a device that generates square wave pulses using a 555 timer. I have a good understanding of the circuitry for this device and my project will be built on a breadboard. I am going to do some improvements to this device that will allow me to have adjustable voltage as well as adjustable frequency. I will be using a potentiometer for those purposes. My first question concerns the voltage. I want to incorporate a string of LED's that will indicate an increase in voltage. So, at low voltage one LED lights up, as I increase the voltage the next LED lights up, until finally at maximum voltage all the LED's are lite. What would be the best way for me to do this with my breadboard. My second question is that I want to do the same thing for changes in the frequency. Low frequency lights up one LED, maximum frequency lights up all of them. Any help you may provide is greatly appreciated.

Source voltage will be AC/DC walwart 15v 400ma(probably).
standard white led

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
Dr. Hulda Clark's "zapper" is based on Raymond Rife's ideas. It's my understanding that virtually all medical professionals regard Rife's ideas as pure quackery.

A friend of mine's wife was using a Rife machine about 8 years ago, and it caused her to have a miscarriage.

If there are safety implications in the construction/use of electrical/electronic devices, the forum policy prohibits such discussions.

I suggest that there be no further discussion on this topic until an AAC staff member gives their OK to proceed.

ojibway

Joined Sep 25, 2009
Hi Sgtwookie,
I am sorry to here to hear about your friend's wife. I am really not asking about any issues that may pertain to the zapper on a morally or ethical basis. I do not even have any questions about the circuitry for this device. All I wanted to know is the best way for me to hook-up an array of LED's that will indicate a change in frequency or a change in voltage. Once again, no offense.

ojibway

Joined Sep 25, 2009
You know I think I actual figured it out. Hook-up the LED's in series and calculate the resistor required to light up all of the LED's at maximun voltage. It would seem that as the voltage decreases the LED's at the front of the array will draw the current and the LED's at the back of the array will not get any current. As for the changing frequency part I am not sure if that assembly will work. I will have to mull that part over.

hgmjr

Joined Jan 28, 2005
I am locking this topic until the moderating team can review the topic for its suitability for discussion in the AAC forum.

hgmjr

Status
Not open for further replies.