LCD vs e-paper contoller

JJoll

Joined May 7, 2013
hi everyone,
I am thinking of replacing TFT LCD touch screen with electronic epaper display and since I dont know anything about epaper displays, I was just wondering if that is feasible. I have done projects using LCDs and today I was thinking that would be cool if I can run the same projects on einks. I have developed my projects on STM32F1 platform and I want to ask how similar are LCD controllers comparing to eink screen controllers. Do I have to make a lot of changes (hardware and software wise) to make this transition to work??? Do I have to right my firmware from scrach?
thanks

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
hi everyone,
I am thinking of replacing TFT LCD touch screen with electronic epaper display and since I dont know anything about epaper displays, I was just wondering if that is feasible. I have done projects using LCDs and today I was thinking that would be cool if I can run the same projects on einks. I have developed my projects on STM32F1 platform and I want to ask how similar are LCD controllers comparing to eink screen controllers. Do I have to make a lot of changes (hardware and software wise) to make this transition to work??? Do I have to right my firmware from scrach?
thanks
I think you have to start by reading the eInk Datasheets.