LCD panels without frame and backlight

timescope

Joined Dec 14, 2011
Hi Everyone,

I live in a country where replacement LCD screens are not available. Please let me know where I can obtain LCD panels without the metal frame and backlight assembly, as shown in the attached image, to reduce the cost of shipping.

Thanks,
Timescope.

Attachments

mcgyvr

Joined Oct 15, 2009
to reduce the cost of shipping.
Shipping to where?
You should put your location in your profile..

Manufacturer/part number/size/specifics of LCD..

More than likely these are either custom for that company or are simply not available in bare component form.

ErnieM

Joined Apr 24, 2011
What about those cheap places from China I see on EBay that send me stuff with "free shipping?"

What LCD is this?

timescope

Joined Dec 14, 2011
Hi Everyone,
Thanks for all the replies.
I live in Sierra Leone, a country that went through ten years of civil war but is now peaceful and striving to make progress. The electricity supply has been restored and we have access to the internet, analog TV channels, FM radio channels, electronic banking etc but some things are not available here at all : oscilloscopes, signal generators, surface mounted components, microcontrollers, programmers, most TTL and CMOS logic ics, replacement LCD/ Plasma screens and circuit boards, crystals, etching chemicals and many other things that most members take for granted.

A recent discussion with friends revealed that there may be as many as 100 LCD tvs with broken screens. It is well known that the screen accounts for 65-70% of the cost of the set but most of the volume and weight of the screen is the metal frame and CCFL assembly which are usually not damaged.

The image I attached is a V260B1-L03 panel from an RCA 26" tv which was replaced with the panel from a NEC tv that had a faulty T-Con board. I have also repaired a Sharp 32" LCD tv using the panel (V315B1-L01) from a Phillips set with a defective main board. The replacement parts came from the second-hand goods market.

The idea is to compile a list of screen part numbers using a text message system and to order replacement panels if they are available.

Thanks,
Timescope