* >>4. SET WATER
* 4.1 SET WATER QUANTITY
i have 4 buttons UP / DOWN /OK /BACK

Help Me plese
i must present Project in senior year

Last edited:

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
Ouch why the big font. And for sure we can help you. But do not expect a full solution just handed over to you. As a start tell us what you done so far. And why and how you struggle

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
And it is your job to supply the code. You will get advice here but no one is going to do your work for you.

Would you really want an engineer designing medical equipment that will be used on your family members, where the engineer had someone else do the work while in university?

Would you put your family on an airplane designed by an engineer that never did his own school work?

ErnieM

Joined Apr 24, 2011
First, you have to be able to write characters to the LCD. If you can do this, goto next step. If not, Google can be your friend as this is one of the most documented tasks out there.

Then you have to be able to capture debounced button presses. Again, Google can be your friend. There are as many approaches as there are programmers, and they all work well.

Finally, you combine the two. Keep a state variable to know where the cursor is, and when the state changes you also update the display.

I recently wrote a module to do drill down menus such this, but unfortunately it's in C for the free PIC C18 compiler. Shucks!

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
I'm guessing the OP will not be back. We required that he/she do some work. Seems to be a familiar pattern with these posts.