laser hair removal device

kobebe

Joined May 6, 2016
I wonder if someone here ever consider how to build one.
there is a video on youtube that shows how to build a laser tattoo removal device.
i want to build laser hair removal device, powerful enough to kill the hair root.
could someone of you may help me with that project?

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
I wonder if someone here ever wonder how to build one.
there is a video on youtube that shows how to build a laser tattoo removal device.
i want to build laser hair removal device, powerful enough to kill the hair root.
could someone of you may help me with that project?
If you want someone to build the design the project, explain how it works, and give you step-by-step instructions to build the project, then no. That is not what this site does. If you have some questions as you research and develop your idea/product, or have questions when you open up and analyze how existing products work, or a detailed question of what is the best way to X, y or z. Then, we can help you with that.

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
The circuit part of this project is relatively simple. But personally, without more research, I have no idea what wavelength you want to use, what intensity to use, whether to pulse it, what safety features to build in, and so on. Frankly I'd be afraid to work on something that is powerful enough to kill hair follicles, because that means it is almost certainly powerful enough to also burn my retina. But maybe they build in a surface detector, so the laser shuts off if it doesn't see a reflection from nearby skin.

If you can come back with some of that research, building a laser driver is "trivial".

kobebe

Joined May 6, 2016
The circuit part of this project is relatively simple. But personally, without more research, I have no idea what wavelength you want to use, what intensity to use, whether to pulse it, what safety features to build in, and so on. Frankly I'd be afraid to work on something that is powerful enough to kill hair follicles, because that means it is almost certainly powerful enough to also burn my retina. But maybe they build in a surface detector, so the laser shuts off if it doesn't see a reflection from nearby skin.

If you can come back with some of that research, building a laser driver is "trivial".
Hi,
Thanks for your quick respond
I want to use 808nm and i want to be able to play with the intensity it's should be adjustable between 15-35 joules - 20-35ms (pulsed). the safety that i want is key switch and press button.

kobebe

Joined May 6, 2016
I love Social Justice and I'm fighting for it in many aspects.
The laser hair removal industry are taking lots of money for those treatment- about 2000$ and more/
there are many home laser devices like the Tria laser, Trialma, No No Hair..etc' and they are not powerful enough like those that the clinic are using, although they can make them powerful enough.
There are not even one video on the web that shows hot to build one and how to hack one of those home devices ( I wonder why ).
almost every one of us people love the feeling of smooth skin men's and women's.
If we build home laser hair device that will actually work we can save a lot of money for us and for our families.
I really hope you help me with that
I want to use 808nm and i want to be able to play with the intensity, it should be adjustable between 15-35 joules - 20-35ms (pulsed). the safety that i want is key switch and press button.
There is video in youtube- " Tattoo laser Hair Removal " It is very close to what i want to build
I'm hoping you help me with the project

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
I share Wayneh's doubts (post #3) about the safety aspect of this project, especially if you "want to be able to play with the intensity". Even stray IR reflected from something can be dangerous to your (or someone else's) eyesight. Excessive intensity could also cause permanent skin damage/scarring. There is good reason why instructions and advice on how to build the device yourself are scarce :eek:.

kobebe

Joined May 6, 2016
I share Wayneh's doubts (post #3) about the safety aspect of this project, especially if you "want to be able to play with the intensity". Even stray IR reflected from something can be dangerous to your (or someone else's) eyesight. Excessive intensity could also cause permanent skin damage/scarring. There is good reason why instructions and advice on how to build the device yourself are scarce :eek:.
o.k one more safety that i need it to have is that it start only when it touches the skin surface.

kobebe

Joined May 6, 2016
The laser hair removal industry are taking lots of money for those treatment- about 2000$ and more/
there are many home laser devices like the Tria laser, Trialma, No No Hair..etc' and they are not powerful enough like those that the clinic are using, although they can make them powerful enough.
There are not even one video on the web that shows hot to build one and how to hack one of those home devices ( I wonder why ).
almost every one of us people love the feeling of smooth skin men's and women's.
If we build home laser hair device that will actually work we can save a lot of money for us and for our families.
I want to use 808nm and i want to be able to play with the intensity, it should be adjustable between 15- 60 joules - 20-35cms (pulsed). the safety that i want is key switch and press button.
There is video in youtube- " Tattoo laser Hair Removal " It is very close to what i want to build

joeyd999

Joined Jun 6, 2011
I want to use 808nm and i want to be able to play with the intensity, it should be adjustable between 15-35 joules - 20-35ms (pulsed). the safety that i want is key switch and press button.
Ultimately, I think you'll have to raise your price to cover the cost of litigation due to the 2nd and 3rd degree burns your product is going to cause...

Edit: and deaths from misuse of topical anesthetic.

Last edited:

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
A quick search for the relevant regulations gives a pretty good idea of why this project is DOA.

And by the way, the term "justice" requires no qualifier such as "social". There is either justice or there is not. The use of a qualifying term shows that what is desired not Justice at all, but something else closer to one political position winning over another.

joeyd999

Joined Jun 6, 2011
A quick search for the relevant regulations gives a pretty good idea of why this project is DOA.

And by the way, the term "justice" requires no qualifier such as "social". There is either justice or there is not. The use of a qualifying term shows that what is desired not Justice at all, but something else closer to one political position winning over another.
Specifically, "Social Justice" == "Things for Free" | "Personal Responsibility Not Required".

kobebe

Joined May 6, 2016
Specifically, "Social Justice" == "Things for Free" | "Personal Responsibility Not Required".
I never said i want it for free, the amount of money those clinics are taking is huge! I think it worth no more than 500$ for full body which i'm willing to pay but it's not enough for them. if you want to help then help if not, please don't post. this is not the police/ or some kind of medical government site

hp1729

Joined Nov 23, 2015
Hi,
Thanks for your quick respond
I want to use 808nm and i want to be able to play with the intensity it's should be adjustable between 15-35 joules - 20-35ms (pulsed). the safety that i want is key switch and press button.
So that's like15 to 35 Watts for an IR emitter?

bertz

Joined Nov 11, 2013
The price that the hair removal clinics charge is quite likely the correct price. It is the intersection of where the supply and demand curves intersect and Oh by the way they are entitled to a profit. Obviously there are enough individuals who are willing to pay the price the clinics charge or they wouldn't be in business. If you can afford it fine. If you can't afford it then too bad. Hair removal is not a necessity like food, clothing or shelter. The next thing you'll be asking for is free cell phones - oh wait, they already have them.

By the way are you aware that a 35 watt laser diode costs around $1000. I shudder to think what a device like that can do in the hands of an amateur, like handing a loaded gun to a 6 year old. Not to mention the fact that you want to use it on other human beings.