Large Seven Segment Display.

arshadmahmood

Joined Feb 19, 2011
Dear All,

I am using Large Size(12 inch digit) height 7 segment display meter of following specification. This meter using for our machine speed which is 110meter long? Currently no problem with it but I want to change something please guide me.

INPUT REF, 0 to 10VDC
DISPLAY SCALE 0-999

We can be set on different set point.

It is 3 digit displays. All display show zero when machine in stop condition or zero volts on input reference point but I want to do that show only single digit zero & other 2nd & 3rd digit should not be glow.
The display design on PIC16F878 (micro-controller). Kindly guide me how to off to 2nd & 3rd ZERO when no volt on input reference point?

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
That is called leading zero suppression. The program needs to evaluate the leading digit, and not make an output when the highest is 0. Then evaluate the second, and not output when 0.

This is very general, as we have no idea at all about your hardware, the interface with the display, or the code.

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

The schematic is to blurry to make anything of it.
Can you post a sharper and with more contrast picture?
A schematic in .PNG is prefered.

Bertus

Kermit2

Joined Feb 5, 2010
That picture is no better, but I believe I can make out an OE pin on the displays. That is an "output enable" pin, and would be the one you need to apply ground to when you wish to turn off the display.