Large order RLC circuits

elimenohpee

Joined Oct 26, 2008
Hey everybody,
I'm doing a project in a modeling course, and I'd like to model an analog RLC circuit. However, when I was doing my undergrad in EE, we really didn't go over a ton of applications of RLC circuits, other than the ability to act as filters and what not. What I'm attempting to find is a large RLC circuit (preferably around 10th order if possible) of some kind RLC circuit that has some sort of specific application. I'd rather not just throw a bunch of capacitors and inductors into a randomly connected configuration for a proof of concept discussion only. Can anyone provide a real application of something of this sort? For simplicity, it must only contain passive elements, like resistors, capacitors, and inductors. I was thinking perhaps an RLC ladder circuit of some sort, but I have no prior experience with them and was having a tough time finding documentation.

Thank you for the help!

tshuck

Joined Oct 18, 2012
Hey everybody,
I'm doing a project in a modeling course, and I'd like to model an analog RLC circuit. However, when I was doing my undergrad in EE, we really didn't go over a ton of applications of RLC circuits, other than the ability to act as filters and what not. What I'm attempting to find is a large RLC circuit (preferably around 10th order if possible) of some kind RLC circuit that has some sort of specific application. I'd rather not just throw a bunch of capacitors and inductors into a randomly connected configuration for a proof of concept discussion only. Can anyone provide a real application of something of this sort? For simplicity, it must only contain passive elements, like resistors, capacitors, and inductors. I was thinking perhaps an RLC ladder circuit of some sort, but I have no prior experience with them and was having a tough time finding documentation.

Thank you for the help!
The only thing I can thing of is a transmission line... other than that, I think the attenuation would be too much to do anything practical with...