lamp switch panel?

relicmarks

Joined Oct 13, 2006
when testing 10 digital inputs , my test fixture uses 10 on/off switches to +5volts
when testing 10 digital outputs, my test fixture uses 10 lamps

who makes a box/unit that has a bunch of LEDs or lamps that are in parallel that have switches to turn off each Lamp or LED ?

10 lamps in parallel with 10 switches in parallel to turn them off or on, who makes a box/unit like this please?

The lamps on my homemade text fixture give my eyes black spots and head aches , do u know what i can use over them like a filter or lamp shade? they are just small bulbs

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
Reduce the voltage/current, make a filter.

It sounds like making such an indicator box would be cheaper than buying one.

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
when testing 10 digital inputs , my test fixture uses 10 on/off switches to +5volts
when testing 10 digital outputs, my test fixture uses 10 lamps

who makes a box/unit that has a bunch of LEDs or lamps that are in parallel that have switches to turn off each Lamp or LED?
Nobody that I know of. However, you can get 10-position DIP switches and 10 LED dot/bar displays pretty inexpensively. A SIP (single inline pin) resistor with 10 internal commonly-connected resistors would make it easy to connect up, using a perfboard.

The lamps on my homemade text fixture give my eyes black spots and head aches , do u know what i can use over them like a filter or lamp shade? they are just small bulbs
You need a diffusion lens. A translucent piece of plastic like a piece of a milk jug should work pretty well. A finely woven piece of white cloth (like an old bedsheet) or piece of typing paper would also work. Put it a half-inch or so away from the lamps, between your line of vision. Super-bright LEDs can cause permanent eye damage; don't look at them.

relicmarks

Joined Oct 13, 2006
ya i tried the dip-switches but my fingers hurt after using them so much during testing

Because when testing digital chips that have multiple inputs and outputs i use switches to +5 for the inputs and Lamps/LEDS for the outputs

So i'm trying to find a box/unit that has a bunch of switches for the inputs and another box/unit with just LAMPs or LED's for the outputs

another example is if you have a motherboard of a circuit (not a computer motherboard) that has 15 molex connectors for the inputs and 15 molex connectors for the outputs

I need to test every input and output of each molex connector which has 8 wires to each molex connector , so thats alot of input wires and output wires

using switches tied to +5 volts to each wire on the molex connector so i can toggle the inputs and than have a LAMP on the output molex connector wire

using Switches to +5 volts on the inputs and LAMPS on the outputs help than using a logic scope to test digital signal tracing

I need a switching matrix or panel thats in a chassis frame with Lamps or LEDs

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
Rebuild the tester. Use toggle switches instead of DIP switches. Use diffused LED's instead of bright lamps.

I rebuilt a couple of testers at places I worked.

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
This sounds like a build-it-yourself project.

If you're going to use LEDs, I suggest getting either widely diffused types, or those with a milky lens.

Most of the cheap Chinese LEDs for sale on auction sites nowadays are super-bright, and have a very narrow focus angle with "water clear" lenses. In my opinion, those are not suitable for your purpose; you'll get those "black spots", headaches, and there is a very real possibility that you will permanently damage your vision.