Ladder logic for traffic lights using GX Developer or OpenPLC

SD9

Joined Jun 26, 2024
Hi all,
I’m trying to design a program to simulate 2 traffic lights and 2 pedestrian crossings however I’m extremely stuck as I am new to PLCs. I would like to use either GX Developer or OpenPLC to write this program.
The sequence should be: "The traffic flow at the crossroad system is controlled using traffic lights which follow a standard UK sequence and also have an incorporated pedestrian crossing function. The sequence commences with both red lights and then continues with the standard sequence from N to S whilst E to W remains at the red state. Intervals of 2 seconds when the amber light is being utilised individually or in combination and 4 seconds when the green light is illuminated are required. When the N to S sequence has completed there is a 2 second delay with both red lights illuminated and then the E to W sequence is commenced and then standard operation is continued with the same time intervals. If either pedestrian crossing button are pressed the sequence will stay in the same pattern but there will be an extended delay when both red lights are illuminated simultaneously, this delay will be of 8s duration."
If anyone has any tip and advice it would be much appreciated, thanks

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
MOD NOTE: Moved to Homework Help.

You need to show your best attempt to get as far with your assignment as you can. We can then help you identify and get past your stumbling blocks.