Lack of pictures and videos in completed projects index

amilton542

Joined Nov 13, 2010
I don't mean to shake my fist, but I do enjoy viewing pictures and videos of completed projects, but there is a great lack of these in the index for a completed project.

It's nice to see the craftsmanship and the project in 'action,' wether that be pictures or videos or even both. Lets say it's an opportunity to show-off what you've made.

I'll click on a project, and I'll be like, "Sounds goods, lets have a look. OH, it's another schematic, where's the rest?" :(

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Note: Some of the old projects may not meet current standards. If this is the case it is not fair to force them to update, given that many of the people are no longer around.

Sorry folks, that is just how it is.
Ring a bell perhaps?

I am screening the new ones for higher quality. Personally I like pictures too, and I will insist on complete documentation being local.

If anyone duplicates one of these projects and cares to show their efforts I will try to accommodate them.

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
Does it mean my project will be deleted.

Some are still being done but u know work load puts it behind.

I guess the Admin could name it or make another Projects in development forum

Once done, move it to the completed Projects or what ever.

{ed}
By the way, this thread belongs in Feed back...no?

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
No, once you are in, you are locked in. Grandfather rules apply, but I want to up the quality. This is easy, and does the job.

We still get submissions regularly from people who will not read the rules, usually beginners (as in their first post). I'll just keep moving them to the projects forum. If they are close to meeting the requirements then I will assist as best I can.

The idea is not to keep projects out, but to have them meet the listed requirements.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
I've also created a sticky with YouTube links, but no-one has yet sent any videos to put on. :(

They will eventually come. My thought is those who want to put videos into their threads will do so, in their threads. We have a few YouTube videos now, but usually people are wanting to use them in lieu of proper documentation, which is a no no.

I have posted YouTube links in some of my threads to show how the circuit looked after the fact. With modern phones and other media that has video capabilities it isn't hard.

Because of the above I wasn't actively against the idea, but I didn't see it happening either. Lets be honest, most electronics just sits there doing a job, only metering and other LED circuits actually do something that is interesting to watch.

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

Not every project is suitable for a video.
Some can be very abstract and a video will not add any more value.

Bertus

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
I've also created a sticky with YouTube links, but no-one has yet sent any videos to put on. :(
That's going to be bear of a rock to get rolling down the hill. It will happen though. Next time I start an electronic project that warrants a video, I'll make one. Until you made the thread, maybe nobody had any reason to film their electronic stunts. Hard to go back in time and film a video of making something that's already made.

I do have videos, just not electronic ones.

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
We CAN move it from the Projects Forum to the Completed Projects Collection, but you must also ask for your project to be added to the Completed Projects Collection.