Lab bench Power supply

liljoey112

Joined Apr 15, 2013
Hello all i am bulding a lab bench power supply using Two Atx power supplies. I know how to connect them to gather and all but i have a question. I want to add two Potentiometers to have two controlled voltage lines. I am following this guide And my question is would i be able to use his set up to hook up the Potentiometers? I don't think so because im am getting the 24v Different then he is so my parts would be different right

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
Hello all i am bulding a lab bench power supply using Two Atx power supplies. I know how to connect them to gather and all but i have a question. I want to add two Potentiometers to have two controlled voltage lines. I am following this guide And my question is would i be able to use his set up to hook up the Potentiometers? I don't think so because im am getting the 24v Different then he is so my parts would be different right
What do your mean "im am getting the 24v Different"? :confused:

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
You show the two supplies connected in series to get a single 24V output, but then you talk about two potentiometers for two controlled voltages. You can't have it both ways. You can have either two 12V supplies or one 24V supply -- so which is it? :confused:

liljoey112

Joined Apr 15, 2013
You show the two supplies connected in series to get a single 24V output, but then you talk about two potentiometers for two controlled voltages. You can't have it both ways. You can have either two 12V supplies or one 24V supply -- so which is it? :confused:
So wait you're telling me if I do that If i connect them together it won't work? Maybe you're misunderstanding because i'm a bad explainer So i will try again Okay Power Supply A will supply the The 3.3V and The 5V Now this is where it gets hard to explain Because it will also give the 12v too. Lets say PSU a has 10 12v wires I would connect 5 wires to my 12v Post and the other 5 to the Negative wires of PSU B Now lets say PSU B has 12 12V wires I would connect 3 to the 24V binding post 3 to a variable binding post and the last 3 wire to another Variable post.