Keyless Entry System rfdi card

Strickers97

Joined May 2, 2024
Hi All,

Am building a security system for my old car atm. I have a fuel solenoid linked up to a keyed switch in the dash. This works very well at preventing anyone from starting the car but is useless if the car is running and someone attempts to steal it.

My idea involves a switch in the fuel solenoid wiring that will switch off if the driver walks away while the engine is running, thus stopping the engine.

Very similar to a keyless entry system in that the switch is on if the remote/keycard is close to the car but switches off if it is taken away. Does anyone know of a switch that can do this?

Thanks!

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
That functionality is included in the system that simply requires the driver to have a small "fob" on their person in the driver's seat. That is in a last years FORD product. I have no details, but it is an OEM product at FORD.
My choice would be a seat switch and logic to require a bypass function to restart if the driver left the seat with the engine running.

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
A very effective anti-carjack system would switch off the engine after a short delay, if the driver left the seat with the engine running, and then require some additional actions before the engine could restart. And even better would be to start a noisy external alarm if the driver then tried a restart without the reset actions. The delay would allow the exiting driver time to move away before the carjacker realized how much trouble they were in.
The reset function could be as simple as pumping the brake three times quickly. no extra button to install and no clue for the unknowing.
YES, I have given anti-car jack systems some prior thought.

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
No response in a month. Did I scare the TS away?? or did they take the idea and run with it? I did not mention anything about the high voltage shocking system or the very loud siren INSIDE the car.