Keeping up to date

Markd77

Joined Sep 7, 2009
Cool, I might make one although I'd try to get the water pump a bit closer to where it connects just below the funnel. Looks pretty good once it's going though.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
If this had come from another source I would be closing this thread.

The problem with that video is it is a obvious scam, video can show what it wants. In this case, time. If I show a bicycle wheel for 5 seconds and claim it is perpetual motion machine then it would be met with the derision it deserves. They show a few seconds, and there is every possibility there is a power source somewhere.

I predict a major flood of claims soon to hit here, and I am too busy to address them all. There is a reason Beenthere closed the subject on AAC. As is, I will close any other threads I see.

BSomer

Joined Dec 28, 2011
The title of the video does say "hypothetical". They are pretty well constructed models, and as BMorse stated good conversation pieces.

BSomer

Joined Dec 28, 2011
After I watched the first video I went through all of them. You are right that he is a skilled craftsman. Some of those models have a great attention to detail. I personally have never been really good at wood work.

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
Okay, I guess I have some explaining to do.

In my daily routine as a moderator, it seems that I take some things for granted or forget them altogether.
In this case, in my belief that we all by now know that no such thing as "perpetual motion" exist, I posted a video link that supported it; my intention was to present to our frequent members a challenge to spot the crucial flaws of those claims.

In the process, though, I trespassed a major rule of AAC, that no perpetual motion related talk is to be hosted in AAC. Bill kindly reminded me of it.
Just because our everyday userbase knows that it was a scam, the same doesn't necessarily hold for all of our visitors.

Consequently, I removed the link, but it didn't feel right to just lock the thread. After all, a moderator is supposed to uphold the AAC virtues and can't be judged my the usual standards.

So I apologize for my mistake and leave this thread open so you can write your criticism.

Last edited: