KBLC MOD help

cimber

Joined Oct 21, 2010
I bought this controller to replace one I broke. Link below!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/K-B-Electro...t=BI_Control_Systems_PLCs&hash=item2a0e122c38

You see the little blue control box? The one that has the plastic on it. Well the one I had that broke didnt have that on there. It had wires where it screwed into the green box.

My question is..

Can I remove that light blue little box and use the one with wires that connect to the green box to control the speed?

Thanks!

cimber

Joined Oct 21, 2010
I took the one off the board. While running the motor a wire came lose and sparked. Now when I try to control the speed with the little blue controller that I have wired in, it wont slow down. As soon as I plug it in, it runs wide open. I looked over the boards and there was no fuses blown or any black marks on any board or wiring. Could the little blue controller be bad? Any help please!

thanks!

cimber

Joined Oct 21, 2010
Wleep, did something to the controller now the power wont work. LOL. So this is what im looking for. A controller that is actually made for the motor I have.

Here is the specs for the motor.

180 VDC
1/8 HP
265 RPM
.67 Amps Cont. Duty

Can someone point me in the right direction. Im not looking to spend to much. I want it to have a speed control that I can wire in. Like the one that is in my first post.

thatoneguy

Joined Feb 19, 2009
Wleep, did something to the controller now the power wont work. LOL. So this is what im looking for. A controller that is actually made for the motor I have.

Here is the specs for the motor.

180 VDC
1/8 HP
265 RPM
.67 Amps Cont. Duty

Can someone point me in the right direction. Im not looking to spend to much. I want it to have a speed control that I can wire in. Like the one that is in my first post.
And the controller you purchased:

Input 115VAC-50/60 Hz
Output 1-125 VDC
I'd suggest getting a motor controller from a reputable distributor and connecting it as their instructions show. Otherwise, you will most likely keep burning them out, and possibly harming yourself to death.

BillB3857

Joined Feb 28, 2009
Just because the motor is rated at 180VDC, it doesn't absolutely need to have that much voltage to run. It will only run at a slower speed with less torque, which, without knowing the end use, may or may not be a problem for the OP. KB DC drives are relatively cheap, reliable and easy to use. At only 265 RPM, I would guess that this motor has a gear-head as an integral part.