Karman Vortex Air Flow Meter

sasek

Joined Jan 3, 2010
Hi.......:)

Anyone know about karman vortex air flow sensor???? I feel something interesting with this karman vortex air flow sensor.

I just accidentally read about old type air flow sensor (Karman Vortex) that been use in car technology (fuel injection).

http://www.knfilters.com/maf/MAFDevices.htm

As i refer to mr wiki, Karman Vortex in theory is a repeating pattern of swirling :D. From my understanding karman vortex AF sensor is manipulating the vortices from the air. Which is the air flow distorted the signal from the transmitter and receiver.

In my opinion, maybe the style/method of data sending by Karman Vortex AF sensor are different from the other type of AF sensor such as vane air flow sensor and hot wire air flow sensor.

Anyone know how the karman vortex AF sensor sending the data??? (either using frequency or voltage).

And how if i have the karman vortex AF sensor and microcontroller. From both item i have, i want designing a system that could read the air flow from the surroundings. How could i design a driver to interface between karman vortex air flow sensor and microcontroller because from what i heard karman vortex AF sensor sending data by using frequency method (manipulate frequency of the signal).

Anyone who know something about karman vortex air flow sensor just share with me, i just want add some knowledge.

Thanks......:)

sasek

Joined Jan 3, 2010
I have search some info about karman vortex AF sensor but it difficult to find it.

If can, I also want to know how could karman vortex AF sensor interface with microcontroller.