K243 motor controller

Erac

Joined Aug 7, 2010
I bought this motor driver ( K243) http://secure.oatleyelectronics.com/files/K243notes.pdf ,but I want to replace the potentiometer that controls the direction of the motor (When the potentiometer is centered the motor does not turn....Rotating it clockwise makes the motor turn one way...anticlockwise..the other..).

I want the direction of my motor, to be controlled by my arduino micocontroller. Do you have any idea how?

Hope for your support,
Erac

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
I remember making this circuit when I tried to PWM a motor.

The motor does rotate both ways, I am used to PIC's. I think it is possible to use other uC's. I think you have to use DAC ports. Or a digital pot interfaced with the controller

Markd77

Joined Sep 7, 2009
If you follow the instructions for using a R/C servo pulse it should work.
Just send a 1-2 ms pulse every 20ms or so. 1.5ms would be centered, 1ms it would rotate full speed one way, etc.

campeck

Joined Sep 5, 2009
you could use the arduino to control a digital pot instead of a manual one.
I did this with a BASIC stamp that controlled a digipot on a 555 that controlled the pulse width going to a motor driver chip for speed control.

Erac

Joined Aug 7, 2010
If you follow the instructions for using a R/C servo pulse it should work.
Just send a 1-2 ms pulse every 20ms or so. 1.5ms would be centered, 1ms it would rotate full speed one way, etc.
Thanks! markd-77 now I get the concept...some question for clarification:

Motor Direction Control by arduino microcontroller
How will i wire the arduino to change the direction as replacement for the potentiometer? It says in guide that the potentiometer is wired to terminals B C and D.. Where/what pins of my arduino should I connect? Where will I connect it to my K243

Motor speed control

I will connect the GND of my K243 to the GND of my arduino microcontroller and SIG ( k243) to the digital pin that is being used by my arduino microcontroller.. Is this right?

My motor speed and direction microcontroller: http://secure.oatleyelectronics.com/files/K243notes.pdf

Hope for your support
Erac

Erac

Joined Aug 7, 2010
I remember making this circuit when I tried to PWM a motor.

The motor does rotate both ways, I am used to PIC's. I think it is possible to use other uC's. I think you have to use DAC ports. Or a digital pot interfaced with the controller
Hello,

What digital potentiometer interfaced with a microcontroller do your suggest?

Thanks,
Erac

Erac

Joined Aug 7, 2010
you could use the arduino to control a digital pot instead of a manual one.
I did this with a BASIC stamp that controlled a digipot on a 555 that controlled the pulse width going to a motor driver chip for speed control.
Thanks campeck! I think this would be a great alternative