Just wondering where can i find a particular IC chip for my samsung Tablet T800 ?

paldgm

Joined May 26, 2017
I have Samsung T800 tablet and have some problem in wifi chip. I would like to replace this chip. I have researched a little bit on this part and found its called U206 chip and part number is 1205-005012. This information i got from its service manual but unable to find any contact information from where i could order this particular IC.

Could anyone please guide me from where i can find this wifi IC ?
Thanks in advance

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
U206 is a common reference designator for ICs; and as for the other number it is likely to be an in house custom chip identifier for Samsung products. Unless you can buy one from Samsung your chances of acquiring one on the open market are somewhere between slim and none. You might have to order another device to get a working chip.

paldgm

Joined May 26, 2017
Thanks Papa Bravo , does other identifier any helpful which i mentioned. Buying another same model number is bit hard for me every time,

part number is 1205-005012, found few matches on google but most of them are selling it for $35-$50, do you think its reasonable price for this chip ?

i was trying something on ebay but could not find any.
Anyone aware of any reliable source for Samsung chips ?

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Oh. So it's my fault! ;)
Of course:D
But at least you had the patience to check.
Trust me when I tell you I have been down quite a few rabbit holes.
The 192P in the specification looks like it means 192 pins. If true you aren't going to succeed with typical desoldering tools. Worse if it is a BGA.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
I only posted a minute before you. Next time you'll get the credit and I'll look like a yutz. Oh wait -- it's already happened.

paulktreg

Joined Jun 2, 2008
I'm telling.

There are two types of people in this world, those that understand a bit of banter and those that don't.

Google underlined means a link?

paldgm

Joined May 26, 2017
Of course:D
But at least you had the patience to check.
Trust me when I tell you I have been down quite a few rabbit holes.
The 192P in the specification looks like it means 192 pins. If true you aren't going to succeed with typical desoldering tools. Worse if it is a BGA.
Sorry I am little lost here , am i still in the loop or you guys are just talking to each other, where did we get this specs "192P" in my question ?

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Sorry I am little lost here , am i still in the loop or you guys are just talking to each other, where did we get this specs "192P" in my question ?
Follow the link and note the text following the box labeled "Specification"

BCM4354KKUBG,WLAN,192P,4.87X7.67