Just dropping by to say hi.....

BMorse

Joined Sep 26, 2009
Hows everyone doing? it has been a while since I have been on here, I see we have a lot of new members (where are all the senior members??). I have been working on a few projects that I will be sharing soon, including a new CNC machine I am working on (all built from scratch including stepper drivers) and a newly developed belt drive system to use instead of lead screws, but this machine is going to be a CNC for PCB milling/drilling, general engraving, laser cutting/etching, and a 3D printer also :cool:......

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
I always said you were a self made man ,which is true. Bmorse good to hear from

you. Give the guys time,they will catch you up. Click on my profile ,I have a picture

posted.

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
Good to hear from you BMorse! I was just thinking it'd been a while since I'd seen you. How are things going?

The forums have been flooded with a lot of new members, but of course many of them are flybys. But some of them are sticking around, which is always nice.

Hope you're well!
Regards,
Matt

BMorse

Joined Sep 26, 2009
@ MrChips; been around, just been really busy with work and other projects....

Things are going well Matt, finally finishing up some of my work and personal projects that have been keeping me way to busy to do anything else (even sleep, I might have been getting maybe 3 to 4 hours of sleep per night in the past few months... gonna have to catch up on that too).

Glad to see you guys are still here and keeping things going.

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Lack of sleep is not good for the mind, body or soul, a pretrigger to serious heart problems.
I'm running short on 5-6 hours of sleep but not because of lack of time but because of aging and sleep disruptions. Two nights ago I had to drive late at night for which a can of coke will keep me alert for driving. But it disrupts my sleep pattern for the next two nights. I managed to catch up last night with about 8 hours sleep. I am still up two or three times in the night before being able to get back to sleep.

atferrari

Joined Jan 6, 2004
and a newly developed belt drive system to use instead of lead screws, but this machine is going to be a CNC for PCB milling/drilling, general engraving, laser cutting/etching, and a 3D printer also :cool:......
Hope you show the whole thing.

Really interested.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
I understand the sleep issues. 3rd shift is no fun. In at 10PM, out at 6:30AM. You do what you have to do to earn a living though.

I'm not going in tonight though, a podiatrist just removed my big toe nail. I could work like this, but my place of work has these silly restrictions involving shoes...

SteveB left mad about a post being moved (or something). I don't think he'll be back. I will miss him.

AudioGuru crossed the line one to many times, banned for life. I'll miss him too, though I voted aye when it came to a call.

I would love to learn more about your CNC machine. It is one of those dream machines I would like to own.

nerdegutta

Joined Dec 15, 2009
I have been working on a few projects that I will be sharing soon, including a new CNC machine I am working on (all built from scratch including stepper drivers) and a newly developed belt drive system to use instead of lead screws, but this machine is going to be a CNC for PCB milling/drilling, general engraving, laser cutting/etching, and a 3D printer also :cool:......
Good to see everything is OK.

Really interesting with the CNC for PCB. Hope you will share the stepper driver and the belt solution...

BMorse

Joined Sep 26, 2009
I understand the sleep issues. 3rd shift is no fun. In at 10PM, out at 6:30AM. You do what you have to do to earn a living though.

I'm not going in tonight though, a podiatrist just removed my big toe nail. I could work like this, but my place of work has these silly restrictions involving shoes...

SteveB left mad about a post being moved (or something). I don't think he'll be back. I will miss him.

AudioGuru crossed the line one to many times, banned for life. I'll miss him too, though I voted aye when it came to a call.

I would love to learn more about your CNC machine. It is one of those dream machines I would like to own.
Hey Bill, good to see you are still around, too bad about SteveB, as for audioguru, not gonna miss him, we never did see eye to eye on anything. As for work, hopefully things will slow down a bit so I can catch up on some rest, sorry to hear about your toe, that had to hurt :eek:.

As for the machine, I hope it turns out as I planned, have not seen any that can do both 3D printing and milling / machining light metals, still a work in progress at this point, have all the stepper controllers done (using the SLA7062 stepper drivers), I have the X axis done and complete (after building half a dozen axis' with different drive systems i.e. screw drive, rack and pinion, etc.) ended up using a belt drive system (just not a typical way timing belts are used but it works great with no backlash!! and fast!), now just working on the Y and Z axis, then I will also add an A axis. Also currently working on the extruder for the plastic printing, so essentially this will be a 4 axis CNC machine / 3D printer.

BMorse

Joined Sep 26, 2009
Good to see everything is OK.

Really interesting with the CNC for PCB. Hope you will share the stepper driver and the belt solution...
Good to see you are still around :).

I will definitely share, and answers questions for those who will have them.

nerdegutta

Joined Dec 15, 2009
I will definitely share, and answers questions for those who will have them.
Grrrrreat! :)

Please make a blog post of the process of making the CNC and a thread for questions... Or maybe post it in the Complete project section?

Looking forward to the reading.

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
Funny a few days ago I was wondering why we did not see much of you. But then the Easter come. And the Easter bunny dropped complete editions of Elektor Magazine from 1975 to 1989 on my door. So I kind of forgot all about B.Morse for a while. But good to hear you are OK.

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
Hows everyone doing? it has been a while since I have been on here, I see we have a lot of new members (where are all the senior members??).
I dunno a lot of em got permabanned a month or two ago. You shoulda been here its been like the wild west. A bunch of peeps got banned then everyone started calling all the new members the old banned member on proxy. It really got to be just stupid funny.

tracecom

Joined Apr 16, 2010
I dunno a lot of em got permabanned a month or two ago. You shoulda been here its been like the wild west. A bunch of peeps got banned then everyone started calling all the new members the old banned member on proxy. It really got to be just stupid funny.
I don't remember "a lot" or "a bunch." Except for drive by spammers, I only remember two members being banned in the last few months, and only one of those was an "old" member, i.e. AudioGuru. The other was a new member. What did I miss?