junk boxes

Neil Groves

Joined Sep 14, 2011
I had a subwoofer which when plugged in would rattle and bang, so i put it in the garage, we had a leaflet come round a couple of weeks back asking for any ewaste to be left on the street and it would be picked up free of charge, oooh good idea i thought, so did what was asked since it had been in the garage for a year or more, i thought "i'll never use it again" bugger me i just went to make a test lead and realised it was the same connector as was used on the back of that subwoofer cabinet, moral of the story.......NEVER throw anything out!!!!

i don't need a reply, i just need to scold myself in public.....lol

Neil.

p.s off to radioshack now to buy another one Grrr.

Audioguru

Joined Dec 20, 2007
p.s off to radioshack now to buy another one Grrr.
RadioShack is a rip-off joint.
I bought an expensive long S-video cable there. Then I saw exactly the same cable from the same Chinese manufacturer at The Dollar Store for only one dollar. I bought the cheap one and took it back to RadioShack and got a lot of money back.

BMorse

Joined Sep 26, 2009
That is exactly why I do not throw anything away :D

If something is broken in my house or shop, it goes into my "parts" pile..... you never know when you are going to need that "thingy", until it gets thrown away....:rolleyes:

BMorse

Joined Sep 26, 2009
RadioShack is a rip-off joint.
I bought an expensive long S-video cable there. Then I saw exactly the same cable from the same Chinese manufacturer at The Dollar Store for only one dollar. I bought the cheap one and took it back to RadioShack and got a lot of money back.
Wow, that is the first time I have ever heard you say you use something made in China:eek::D