JUMO THermoregulator connection to Heating Coil

jtrehboc

Joined Mar 10, 2014
I have a vintage Mercury JUMO THERMOREGULATOR, that can control Temp between 0 - 50 Deg Celsius. It can be set magnetically to a desired Temp. A cable ending in a three pronged European plug comes out of top and sends the on/off. What do I need, at low cost, to rig up, in terms of a relay to hook this THERMOREG to a heating coil for a water bath incubator. I want to grow some probiotic bacterial culture from a mother culture. Has to be kept approx at 37 Celsius (body temperature). Thank you for any advice

jtrehboc

Joined Mar 10, 2014
Sorry the delay. As I am new to this Forum, I could not find my query again. Thank you for answering. Yes indeed my JUMO is exactly as theo ones in the 2 links. My question is how do I set up that water bath? I need a hating coil that is switched on/off thru a relay that is controlled by the JUMO. The JUMO has a special custom 3 prong plug on a cable. thank you for further advice. My temp required are for pro-bniotic microorganism incubation, around 90 - 95 Farenheit, slightly under Human body temp. Greetings j t r

BillB3857

Joined Feb 28, 2009
Reading the fine print on the above link labeled "here", it looks like the device can handle 30mA @230VAC Maximum. Yes, a relay would be in order to control a heater.