joystick hacking??

redacejr

Joined Apr 22, 2008
i have this joystick for my computer... apparently it wasnt compatable with our pc so its been in a box for some time now. it has this port.. i think its a 16 pin male port thing but the wire is to thin to contain 16 18guage wires.. so i was hopin for 6 wires or sumthing ... is there any way to hack this thing and use it to control my humanoids. i already have the ir sender/receiver module so i have to find out how to stick the joy stick to it.:(:(

also i have 2 joy-pads of an old tv-game that i salvaged. they have alot of buttons with different functions ( about 13 buttons) but only 5 wires are coming out of the thing... how is this possibe:eek:... how can i figure this thing out ( the old tv-game is of the brand "liko" if u wanna search it up)

:confused:

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
i have this joystick for my computer... apparently it wasnt compatable with our pc so its been in a box for some time now. it has this port.. i think its a 16 pin male port thing but the wire is to thin to contain 16 18guage wires.. so i was hopin for 6 wires or sumthing ... is there any way to hack this thing and use it to control my humanoids. i already have the ir sender/receiver module so i have to find out how to stick the joy stick to it.
"Game ports" with DB-15 connectors on PCs are/were typically from the sound card area. A quick Google search for "Game port pinout" netted this page amongst 515,000 others:
http://www.allpinouts.org/index.php/PC_Gameport

also i have 2 joy-pads of an old tv-game that i salvaged. they have alot of buttons with different functions ( about 13 buttons) but only 5 wires are coming out of the thing... how is this possibe:eek:... how can i figure this thing out ( the old tv-game is of the brand "liko" if u wanna search it up)

:confused:
Just a guess here, but the 5 wires are likely:
Power
Ground
Transmit data (from joypad)
Receive data (to joypad) or possibly a reset line.
Clock (to joypad)
The joypad probably has some sequencing ICs to select what buttons are to be examined and when. A 1-of-16 data selector/multiplexer driven by a counter would be one way to do that.

redacejr

Joined Apr 22, 2008
"Game ports" with DB-15 connectors on PCs are/were typically from the sound card area. A quick Google search for "Game port pinout" netted this page amongst 515,000 others:
http://www.allpinouts.org/index.php/PC_Gameport

Just a guess here, but the 5 wires are likely:
Power
Ground
Transmit data (from joypad)
Receive data (to joypad) or possibly a reset line.
Clock (to joypad)
The joypad probably has some sequencing ICs to select what buttons are to be examined and when. A 1-of-16 data selector/multiplexer driven by a counter would be one way to do that.
ok, i spent 4 hours last night and 5 hours this mornin to try and figure out the joystick . i foun the +5v pin and the ground pin and also figured out how to use the 6 buttons but i cant figure out how to use the joystick itself. i mean i have to use the lever thing ... not the useless buttons:(:(:mad:

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
What are the part numbers on the ICs inside the joystick?

Try finding the datasheets for them. Look on sites like Alldatasheet.com and *****************

That's odd - can't post data sheet pro dot com?