joint brightness and percent of core flux

PeteHL

Joined Dec 17, 2014
Try HomeDepot, Lowe's, or other hardware stores for solder. Even my local WalMart stocks some. Of course, an online electronics distributor has a much wider selection.
Thanks. It would have been better if I had thought of the possibility of getting solder from Home Depot or Lowes. The Home Depot in my area does stock the higher priced solder. Reasonably priced solder at HD must be ordered. Basically what the big box stores have done is make it necessary for you to drive to what formerly would have been their distribution warehouse saving them the expense of bringing hardware to a store conveniently close to you.

TeeKay6

Joined Apr 20, 2019
Thanks. It would have been better if I had thought of the possibility of getting solder from Home Depot or Lowes. The Home Depot in my area does stock the higher priced solder. Reasonably priced solder at HD must be ordered. Basically what the big box stores have done is make it necessary for you to drive to what formerly would have been their distribution warehouse saving them the expense of bringing hardware to a store conveniently close to you.
If your need for solder were urgent, then I find it hard to believe that any business you could find that is using solder would be unwilling to part with some for free. Call and talk to someone in the engineering department.

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
Reasonably priced solder at HD must be ordered.
Home Depot or Lowes would be among the last places I considered for buying solder.

I have to get most things mail order and I just plan ahead.

I bought 20 or 30 pounds of 63/37 from a local business that liquidated their inventory to a recycler who sold stuff on ebay. I was able to drive to the ebay seller's business and pick it up.