Joey Can You See Occupy Fort lauderdale From Your Office

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
No one can predict how things will turn out. If we all sit on our butts saying change is impossible that’s the way it is going to be. Some people say the threshold for change is 10%. If you can get 10% of the population taking action then change will happen.

Change begins with one person – you.

Build resilience for yourself, family and community. Here is what you can do.

• Reduce, reuse and recycle.
  • Reduce your dependence and usage of fossil fuels. Say no to plastics.
  • Park the car and walk, cycle, car pool, use public transit. (I ride a bicycle to work everyday.)
  • Use alternative currency. Exchange, trade, barter, give away.
  • Buy local. Support your local grower.
  • Network with more people in your community.
  • Move your money. Pay as little interest as possible.
  • Stop wasting money on useless newspapers, magazines, subscriptions. (I have a sign on my front door that says – No newpapers. No flyers. I do not subscribe to cable or satellite TV.)
  • Try buying nothing except essentials for a whole week.
  • Lobby for a shorter work week.

Last edited:

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
No one can predict how things will turn out. If we all sit on our butts saying change is impossible that’s the way it is going to be. Some people say the threshold for change is 10%. If you can get 10% of the population taking action then change will happen.

Change begins with one person – you.
My words should not be mistaken for preconceived defeat. They are meant to evoke thought. Not enough people are thinking about this issue. It perpetually gets swept under the rug. If I can get one person to mentally evaluate the situation, I don't see how they could come to any other conclusion than I have. If that person then evokes though in another, then we have a chain reaction leading to your 10%. We not going anywhere but slavery if people continue to ignore this. And trust me, they are ignoring it, intentionally. I have been vomiting this information everywhere; here, facebook, other forums, face to face, personal email, and people simply tune it out. They do not want to hear it. We have to break this cycle. That's why I'm talking about it. If we can just get people to engage the topic then that's step #1. The whole thing depends on step #1.

Build resilience for yourself, family and community. Here is what you can do.

• Reduce, reuse and recycle.
  • Reduce your dependence and usage of fossil fuels. Say no to plastics.
  • Park the car and walk, cycle, car pool, use public transit. (I ride a bicycle to work everyday.)
  • Use alternative currency. Exchange, trade, barter, give away.
  • Buy local. Support your local grower.
  • Network with more people in your community.
  • Move your money. Pay as little interest as possible.
  • Stop wasting money on useless newspapers, magazines, subscriptions. (I have a sign on my front door that says – No newpapers. No fliers. I do not subscribe to cable TV.)
  • Try buying nothing except essentials for a whole week.
  • Lobby for a shorter work week.
MrChips I owe a good deal of my understanding of the banking system to you, but I think you underestimate the gravity of the situation. Your list there is a good set of recommendations that anybody would support; good general advise, but I don't see how recycling plastics and riding bicycles is going to change the fact that our government is a pawn of a higher power that cares nothing of our wellbeing. Even if we got some good work done in the government; maybe shortbus's suggestion of removing the "lifers" from the government, it won't change the fact that the FED & banks own us. This is not freedom. It is not life, Liberty, or the persuit of happiness. It is quasi-slavery with digital whips & chains. The system needs to be amputated so a healthier one can grow in its place.

It is well enough that people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning.
-Henry Ford
I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies.
-Thomas Jefferson

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
I most certainly do not underestimate the gravity of the situation. I posted that the system is going to collapse within 12 months. I also posted what to expect in 2012. Here I will repeat.

• Greece, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Iceland, Ireland will default.
  • The EU will collapse.
  • Followed by UK and USA.
  • Israel will make preemptive strike against Iran, which will draw in the USA, Russia and China.

Need I say any more?

(You have listened well and learnt much, Grasshopper. Keep up the conversation. Many others are starting to pay attention. Watch the number of views.)

Last edited:

Sparky49

Joined Jul 16, 2011
I most certainly do not underestimate the gravity of the situation. I posted that the system is going to collapse within 12 months. I also posted what to expect in 2012. Here I will repeat.

• Greece, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Iceland, Ireland will default.
  • The EU will collapse.
  • Followed by UK and USA.
  • Israel will make preemptive strike against Iran, which will draw in the USA, Russia and China.
Need I say any more?

(You have listened well and learnt much, Grasshopper. Keep up the conversation. Many others are starting to pay attention. Watch the number of views.)
The apocalypse is just a myth you know...;)

joeyd999

Joined Jun 6, 2011
No, you start talking about that, and everybody clams up.
Trust that I have been reading every post here, and that I've been biting my tongue till it hurts.

There are a few choice words in my head right now, and if I were to say what I *really* think, I'd be banned in an instant!

...then yes, I say we line em up and gun em down.
You better line me up too, or I will be there defending them with *my* guns. Speak all you want. Protest till the cows come home. Post pamphlets and shout from the rooftops. *But*, the moment you initiate force, you have forfeited your own life.

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
Every one pay interest on something,and people buy what they want.What they

can't afford,they buy on credit,there are strings attached to every thing we enjoy.

Insurance,fees and fines things we don't think about while we are having fun or

fighting for our life. The cloud above us is the old money banks that betting that

we will get behind in payments,because every one has unexpected things that

change our life. The average person now will never catch up on there interest

payments.There are law firms that have more old money in trust than the

national debt. The result the 1 % is well represented, people die the firms

live on. That why the banks are to big to fail. In a way it may save the country

because that money will stay in trust.In case of war it would survive like the

fine art that has survived all the wars in history. It take people to start wars,

there are people in the underground that have always kept the treasures of

the world safe.If a war breaks out in one country,the big money and treasures

is moved to a safe place. How many times have you heard that a treasured item

has been found and returned to a country after a war,nation rebuilding thats old

money interest given in small amounts,to keep the 99% under control so there is

always a safe place to go,take a brief moment and think about history.The interest

is much higher now to insure the money. China has old money now and have

membership.

Last edited:

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
Loosie that's the most coherent post I've seen from you apart from that one about parking lot lighting a few months ago. The only thing I would add is that the banks aren't just 'betting' on the fact that people will fall behind, it is a mathematical fact that they will. The money circulating in the economy is equal to the principle of all the loans in the economy. The money to pay the interest does not exist. That means someone will always be defaulting, no matter how hard they work.

You've been referring to 'old money' for a while now and I don't get what you are talking about. Can "coherent loosewire" explain or provide a link to explanation?
thanks for discussing.

EDIT:
Old money is "the inherited wealth of established upper-class families (i.e. gentry, patriciate)" or "a person, family, or lineage possessing inherited wealth."[1] The term typically describes a class of the super-rich, who have been able to maintain their wealth across multiple generations.

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
and Pakistan and India (all nuclear powers).
Then China moves on Taiwan...and who knows whatever else will happen--world will be a different place
And don't forget North Korea. The "Dear Son" has a lot to prove, and the world looks at him as a dim-witted daddy's boy.

thatoneguy

Joined Feb 19, 2009
Loosie that's the most coherent post I've seen from you apart from that one about parking lot lighting a few months ago. The only thing I would add is that the banks aren't just 'betting' on the fact that people will fall behind, it is a mathematical fact that they will. The money circulating in the economy is equal to the principle of all the loans in the economy. The money to pay the interest does not exist. That means someone will always be defaulting, no matter how hard they work.

You've been referring to 'old money' for a while now and I don't get what you are talking about. Can "coherent loosewire" explain or provide a link to explanation?
thanks for discussing.

EDIT:
Old money is "the inherited wealth of established upper-class families (i.e. gentry, patriciate)" or "a person, family, or lineage possessing inherited wealth."[1] The term typically describes a class of the super-rich, who have been able to maintain their wealth across multiple generations.
That's my take on Old Money. Generations that have never had to work, yet can buy a new Ferrari each week from the interest they make on the billions they have in the system, sizeable shares of all the fortune 500, kids having valets, one butler and a a few maids to keep anybody from bothering the family.

There are a few thousand that have lived that life and cannot simply comprehend somebody going to work or sitting in gridlock. When they go out, they either drive to the neighbors' on long island, which is the next mansion down the road, a 2 mile trip, or simply have their pilot bring their G5 to take a week or two in a different country for a week or a month.

These are the Rockerfeller and Nobel and other families that made big money in the 1800's, and were smart investors, now they don't even bother with industry or investing, they own a firm to do make more money for them, and if the firm has time left, do some trading for friends.

Look up "Gold Coast", there's a few, but in the US, FLA and Long Island are two places mansions with huge grounds sit. Though about half of the Long Island mansions are abandoned now, kids took their money west to Washington or Cali and got mansions there, other than location, everything else is the same.

Anybody remember the TV show "Silver Spoons"?

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
@ Thatoneguy,you failed to say that the rich kids only get part of

the interest,the lawyer get there share and the banks get share to

protect the old money from the kids and lawyer. I got to hold the

clicker key for a new Rolls the other day.Shortbus may have been

in town for the holidays,who knows,Joey looks at beach from his

office,what a life. Some members prefer A1A and sunrise blvd

in the penthouse.

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
It seems that most trust that have lasted have been with banks.
I heard someone says we only have two banks,this was
a editor of Time magazine ,a knowable guy of big firms.They talk
at a level that is hard to follow.They have there own langage.
So when they say we have two banks,they know where the big
money is. Why is the treasury dept. untouchable,that all big money.
Even Presidents leave it alone,who is in charge..do we know.Nobody
does anything about it,why.

jimkeith

Joined Oct 26, 2011
It seems that most trust that have lasted have been with banks.
I heard someone says we only have two banks,this was
a editor of Time magazine ,a knowable guy of big firms.They talk
at a level that is hard to follow.They have there own langage.
So when they say we have two banks,they know where the big
money is. Why is the treasury dept. untouchable,that all big money.
Even Presidents leave it alone,who is in charge..do we know.Nobody
does anything about it,why.
People's trust in banks waned after the great depression when many failed--at this time, since most transactions were still cash, many kept their money in mattresses rather than banks. To psychologically counteract this, new bank architecture consisted of imposing, massive solid edifices to attempt to reinstill confidence--a few of these old structures remain in use today--just think of this whenever you see one.

Required Reading: The Creature from Jekyll Island, Second thoughts about the Federal Reserve. Neither Federal, nor Reserve--simply a privately owned and privately controlled bank that was created for the express purpose of loaning money to the US government. Likewise, the IRS was created for the express purpose of collecting interest on this debt. I believe that it would be legal if it was real money, but no real money is involved as it is loaned into existence. Real money is based upon precious metals and cannot be loaned into existence and cannot be controlled by bankers.

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
Lets be real the old money exist,you read in the news where some young heir

get into trouble and public records come out about the trust. In the real world

people and members are close to wealthy heirs in there work or people that are

go-fer for the heirs.

thatoneguy

Joined Feb 19, 2009
Lets be real the old money exist,you read in the news where some young heir

get into trouble and public records come out about the trust. In the real world

people and members are close to wealthy heirs in there work or people that are

go-fer for the heirs.
The Kennedys were an "Old Money" family, look how every thing they did was in the media, except when they broke laws, that got glossed over. If one of them wanted to be in a movie, then they were in a movie, acting skills or not.

Before the tabloids chased TV/Movie celebrities, they always published the latest rumors about people on the Gold Coast, who got a new boyfriend/girlfriend, etc. They are the closest thing to royalty the US has, but have spread apart now and don't identify with "The Family" so they aren't hounded anymore.

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
Caroline,made a big mistake by coming out in public,she was mystic

until then, John, John friends disclosed his never to be told story very

quickly after his death,a tragic family. bad money ..twist of fate.