JK flip flops-truth table

u-will-neva-no

Joined Mar 22, 2011
Hello everyone, is there an easier way of obtaining the truth table for the jk flip flop by the means of a truth table?. I have a moore state diagram attached. p.s, sorry for the dodgy drawing XD

Attachments

u-will-neva-no

Joined Mar 22, 2011
Ok Georace, I have read the post. My problem is that when I do the same for my state transition graph (I noticed that I forgot to loop on my first state in the picture) I do not get the JK truth table. For example, when my inputs are 10, and there is an input of 1, shouldn't the output be from the previous state? I read the previous post and thinking in this manor worked for the first example given...i guess that im reading my state graph wrong because i have labelled my inputs as transitions? If this is the case, how do I read it properly?

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
Your diagram is ok. You haven't marked transitions from 0 for 10 and 11 inputs, but that's not imperative. They can be handled as Don't Care conditions.

The output of the Moore FSM you posted is always taken from the current state. Not the previous, not the next one. My link has precise directions on how to turn your diagram into a circuit.

Let's take it step by step. Can you produce the state table, as shown on step 4 of the tutorial? Come back after you do it and post it. Keep in mind that you have only 1 column for current state but two columns in the input section.

P.S. Please try to make shorter phrases or more coherent ones. I 'm having a hard time reading what you write. Thank you.

u-will-neva-no

Joined Mar 22, 2011
Sorry for not replying, my internet has been down for a while. I have been able to draw the truth table based Georacer stating that the output is from the current state. Thankyou for the help!