JK Flip-Flop with Asynchronous Set/Reset

Aldowsary

Joined Feb 7, 2013
Hi everybody,

I need your help to design a JK flip-flop with Asynchronous Set/Reset inputs.

The final circuit should have 5 inputs (J, K, CLK, Set and Reset) and produce one output (Q). Assume that you have the JK flip flop with 3 inputs (J, K and CLK) and 2 outputs (Q and Q'). In other words, I don't want to construct a JK flip-flop from scratch.

The circuit should behave normally as a JK flip-flop except when there is one of the asynchronous inputs has been set to 1. Set and Reset inputs should instantly cause the state (Q) to be set or reset, regardless of J, K or CLK.

Thanks in advance for your kind help...

tshuck

Joined Oct 18, 2012

I need your help to design a JK flip-flop with Asynchronous Set/Reset inputs.
[...]
In other words, I don't want to construct a JK flip-flop from scratch.

How are you making this JK flip flop? It sounds like you are emulating the JK flip flop in some HDL on some hardware, no?

This also sounds like homework....

Aldowsary

Joined Feb 7, 2013
How are you making this JK flip flop? It sounds like you are emulating the JK flip flop in some HDL on some hardware, no?

This also sounds like homework....
  1. What is the difference if I'm asking about emulating a circuit or not?
  2. Is this forum dedicated for real circuits only? If it is, plz accept my apology for posting my question here.
  3. This is not a homework.
  4. Sorry again. Plz close or remove this post.

tshuck

Joined Oct 18, 2012
  1. What is the difference if I'm asking about emulating a circuit or not?
  2. Is this forum dedicated for real circuits only? If it is, plz accept my apology for posting my question here.
  3. This is not a homework.
  4. Sorry again. Plz close or remove this post.
1.) It dictates the approach. If you are designing this with CMOS technology, it is entirely different than describing the behavior of the flip-flop in a HDL.

2.) No

3.) Then why are you fiddling with a JK flip-flop?

4.) For what?:confused: