Isolate PWM outputs of microcontroller

deityness

Joined Jan 4, 2013
Hi everyone,

I have a PICF322 that has 2 independent PWM output pins that i am using to control 2 LEDs. One LED i just change the brightness upon switching a button, while the other LED toggles among several settings from low to high brightness, and also on and off patterns.

So my issue is that the two PWM signals seem to be interfering with each other coz the other LED which is supposed to be just on with a constant brightness is flickering acccording to the pattern of the other LED. It get's worse when i replace the patterned LED with a motor. The blinking in the other LED becomes more pronounced. I would like to resolve this issue right now, because the plan in the end is to use the two PWM outputs to control a motor.

Thanks in advance for your inputs and suggestions! :)

KrisBlueNZ

Joined Oct 17, 2012
It's probably your power supply voltage varying under load. Measure it with your second LED OFF and at maximum brightness. If this is the problem you can use a constant current source/sink instead of a current limiting resistor to set the LED current; that will eliminate the dependence on the power supply voltage as long as it doesn't drop too low.