ISIS custom component wiring issue

MASNSN

Joined May 17, 2012
Hi

I have a small issue with ISIS proteus and I need some help, well a downloaded the LM3401 datasheet and tried to create a new custom component and I did it successfully but when I try to wire the LM3401 created component to the passive components such as resistors capacitors and so on ISIS doesn't let me wire those passive components to LM3401 pins
http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=860462Untitled.png
Could you guide me what is wrong with component wiring why it is not possible like the rest of the built in component any help please

Thank you

somlioy

Joined Jul 28, 2010
You havent actually created the device yet. Mark all pins and the box. Right click and select "Make Device". Follow the wizard and you should be done.

absf

Joined Dec 29, 2010
Inside Proteus Help, Under tutorial, there is a chapter called "Creating New Devices" that will walk you through creating a new device. You may also take a device from the library and use the "hammer" icon to "uncreate" it and edit it into another similar device and save it under another name.

For example, you might want to create a "555" timer chip with some of the pins relocated to suite your schematics. Just get the "555" from the library, select it using right mouse. Use the "hammer" icon to break it down, and use the edit to shift the pins to the locations you want. Use the wizard to save it as another device like "my_555" in the user library. Then you can have a new "555" in the pins arrangement you want. ;)

Allen

MASNSN

Joined May 17, 2012
Inside Proteus Help, Under tutorial, there is a chapter called "Creating New Devices" that will walk you through creating a new device. You may also take a device from the library and use the "hammer" icon to "uncreate" it and edit it into another similar device and save it under another name.

For example, you might want to create a "555" timer chip with some of the pins relocated to suite your schematics. Just get the "555" from the library, select it using right mouse. Use the "hammer" icon to break it down, and use the edit to shift the pins to the locations you want. Use the wizard to save it as another device like "my_555" in the user library. Then you can have a new "555" in the pins arrangement you want. ;)

Allen
Hi absf

I think it is possible to create a new device but it is not possible to simulate it or to implement its behavior I mean

Thank you

absf

Joined Dec 29, 2010
I'm afraid so...I read through the help files and found nothing that would make the newly created device simulatable. Even the Library files contain no example on how a NE555 is simulated.

Allen