Is this possible ? - Windows 7 on 350MHz Pentium II & 512MB RAM computer.

ScottWang

Joined Aug 23, 2012
Is this possible?
Windows 7 on 350MHz Pentium II & 512MB RAM computer.

I tried to used my present computer : Intel P4 -2.4G, 512 DRAM, running with xp1, xp3, the speed was very slow, when I added DRAM to 1GB and then the working speed is became normal, and how does the win 7 software could allow the low level cpu and hardware to install the system software?

I also used a P3 800 Mhz to run the xp1 with 512MB DRAM, and the vga sram is 64 MB, but the display speed is quite slow, like slow motion, when I used another vga card with 128MB and then the display speed is became normally.

JohnInTX

Joined Jun 26, 2012
No, sorry.
If you want to run Windows 7 on your PC, here's what it takes:

• 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor

• 1 gigabyte (GB) RAM (32-bit) or 2 GB RAM (64-bit)

• 16 GB available hard disk space (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit)

• DirectX 9 graphics device with WDDM 1.0 or higher driver
Additional requirements to use certain features:

• Internet access (fees may apply)

• Depending on resolution, video playback may require additional memory and advanced graphics hardware

• Some games and programs might require a graphics card compatible with DirectX 10 or higher for optimal performance

• For some Windows Media Center functionality a TV tuner and additional hardware may be required

• Windows Touch and Tablet PCs require specific hardware

• HomeGroup requires a network and PCs running Windows 7

• DVD/CD authoring requires a compatible optical drive

• BitLocker requires Trusted Platform Module (TPM) 1.2

• BitLocker To Go requires a USB flash drive

• Windows XP Mode requires an additional 1 GB of RAM and an additional 15 GB of available hard disk space.

• Music and sound require audio output
Product functionality and graphics may vary based on your system configuration. Some features may require advanced or additional hardware.

PCs with multi-core processors:
Windows 7 was designed to work with today's multi-core processors. All 32-bit versions of Windows 7 can support up to 32 processor cores, while 64‑bit versions can support up to 256 processor cores.

PCs with multiple processors (CPUs):
Commercial servers, workstations, and other high-end PCs may have more than one physical processor. Windows 7 Professional, Enterprise, and Ultimate allow for two physical processors, providing the best performance on these computers. Windows 7 Starter, Home Basic, and Home Premium will recognize only one physical processor.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
So, so many fake videos on the internet what for?
Silly person! There is no Internet Police. :p
Everybody can post, even if they are mistaken or intentionally lying.
You must check for truth. You are correct to check at AAC.

If JohnInTx is mistaken, many smart people here will correct him.

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

Not all published on the internet will be true.
With the video editing software a lot of manipulation is possible nowerdays.
Some publish fake stuff for fun and put people in a doubt.
Just look at the "free energy" guys, wich of course is impossible.

Bertus

ScottWang

Joined Aug 23, 2012
Silly person! There is no Internet Police. :p
Everybody can post, even if they are mistaken or intentionally lying.
You must check for truth. You are correct to check at AAC.

If JohnInTx is mistaken, many smart people here will correct him.
I already watched many kinds of fake videos, if like this low level computer trying to use high level upgrade software, then it must be pass through the hardware inspection system, but this video there is no any action or hint to shows anything about that.

ScottWang

Joined Aug 23, 2012
Hello,

Not all published on the internet will be true.
Yes, I know that.

With the video editing software a lot of manipulation is possible nowerdays.
Some publish fake stuff for fun and put people in a doubt.
Just look at the "free energy" guys, wich of course is impossible.

Bertus
I also watched some others free energy similar as this one.
Free energy device tested on light bulb.

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

The trick of that video is most likely that there is a high power transmitter is hidden undeneath the table.

Bertus

Joined Nov 30, 2010
Yes, modern Alchemy is to do the computer recycle factory, in Taiwan just a few company can do that, and the gold were came from CPU ,DRAM, MPU, etc...
I donate my used computer parts to a local computer repairman that I want to stay in business. I hope he can sell the parts to gold reclaimers.

ScottWang

Joined Aug 23, 2012

takao21203

Joined Apr 28, 2012
Win7 is a pain with only 1GB.

Especially skype and Microsoft web mail.

You need 2GB.

On Vista 1GB is possible. I still use a Vista laptop at home in the evenings, got a flat panel from 2002 (the Laptop screen is broken). Spliced off 15 volts from the supply brick, downconverting to 12v.

The only investment I made was the voltage dcdc converter, 2 dollars.

XP can live with 512 MB but these kinds of computers are better for LINUX.

You can get refurbished machines for low prices now, they have at least 2GB.

Anything less than 2GB and WIN7 is ewaste. Sure you can still run it as long as it works, install LINUX, but its not worth it to repair it or buy upgrades for it.

You are better off with a entry level smartphone, or a new technology Mini PC.

Not to speak of internet access. Older machines dont have WIFI transmitters. How would you access internet? LAN cables?

Why would you want to if you can get a small Wifi transmitter with SMS mailbox, carry around like a mobile phone, automatic connections.

When you use old machines on daily basis be aware the hard drive may fail at some stage, connectors wear out and deal you additional hassle.

Just for show, sure you can do many things, but I think some patches are required so it can boot with 512 MB. For instance not loading/starting up some services...

ScottWang

Joined Aug 23, 2012
Win7 is a pain with only 1GB.

Especially skype and Microsoft web mail.

You need 2GB.

On Vista 1GB is possible. I still use a Vista laptop at home in the evenings, got a flat panel from 2002 (the Laptop screen is broken). Spliced off 15 volts from the supply brick, downconverting to 12v.

The only investment I made was the voltage dcdc converter, 2 dollars.

XP can live with 512 MB but these kinds of computers are better for LINUX.

You can get refurbished machines for low prices now, they have at least 2GB.

Anything less than 2GB and WIN7 is ewaste. Sure you can still run it as long as it works, install LINUX, but its not worth it to repair it or buy upgrades for it.

You are better off with a entry level smartphone, or a new technology Mini PC.

Not to speak of internet access. Older machines dont have WIFI transmitters. How would you access internet? LAN cables?

Why would you want to if you can get a small Wifi transmitter with SMS mailbox, carry around like a mobile phone, automatic connections.

When you use old machines on daily basis be aware the hard drive may fail at some stage, connectors wear out and deal you additional hassle.

Just for show, sure you can do many things, but I think some patches are required so it can boot with 512 MB. For instance not loading/starting up some services...
I was used DSL with wifi, all the computers through Lan cables to get online, my smartphone could using the wifi and wireless internet service to get online, the fee of DSL about US$20/mon, and the fee of wireless internet service about US$11.6/mon, I'm not using Linux in computer for a long time.

My present 2.4G computer run with xp3 that I bought the second hand about 10 years ago, the smartphone was running Android and more fast than the computer.