2GHz amplifier 1W output. Is this dangerous?

BobTPH

Joined Jun 5, 2013
but what is the max possible when overdriven i am trying to work out, not exactly of course but i thought that the specifications could be used to figure that out perhaps? 1W is minimum what is maximum?
Maybe 2 Watts. If it was 1000W it might be dangerous.

But then some people insist cell phones cause cause brain tumors despite the fact that there has been no increase in brain tumors with half the people in the world using cell phones.

Who is it that you are hoping to harm?

Bob

genekuli

Joined Oct 21, 2018
Maybe 2 Watts. If it was 1000W it might be dangerous.

But then some people insist cell phones cause cause brain tumors despite the fact that there has been no increase in brain tumors with half the people in the world using cell phones.

Who is it that you are hoping to harm?

Bob
but when they say in the specs. that "Output power: 1 watt for an input of 1 miliwatt" where does that max out?

Janis59

Joined Aug 21, 2017
My experience with burns is 2W 80 MHz ICP coil where touching to 3 kV (when load is out) and 0.5-1 Amp coil current means just the unpleasant tingling in fingers. And then I found the way how to make a 10 Amp circuit for about 100 W load. When intentionally touched the hot end then instanteously I felt the dull pain and after 10 seconds sitting and blinking eyes I realized red painful blister growing out the fingertip. So, after the day, the painful blister was about 8 mm large, after 33 days it was still painful and 8 mm large, after 133 days it was still painful and 8 mm large and then, before next NewYear I just remember I must inspect what is happening with finger - but blister was unnoticed disappeared. So, the ultimate truth is somewhat between the 2 W and 100 W.

Other guideline is from my boat Cobra radio. There stays said in the manual - in no instances switch the transmitter on, if antenna is situated 3 meters or nearer to Your head. Power 25 W, frequency 160 MHz.

atferrari

Joined Jan 6, 2004
All around the world you could see people using handies working in the VHF UHF range whether on a chest pocket or in their hands, talking to the mike.

Look for brands like Motorola or Standard and check their power output.