Is this a schottky diode or a zener or a???

hipresr

Joined Mar 23, 2009
And it also has ohm striped like a resistor. Yes very much a newbie but trying to rebuild these two boards and finding these guys are a pita. I know they are categorized as surface mount and a value of 79(violet/white) When i test them i know they are shot since some return a value of .7 or .9 and some are 7.1 and 1 is 4.4. Here is the picture. Any help appreciated :)

thatoneguy

Joined Feb 19, 2009
Inductors? What is the function of the circuit?

Also, Can you crop out the non-circuit board parts to zoom in a bit? It goes across two displays..

I'm seeing the colors as:

Brown - Grey - Violet, Black, Gold - Is that correct?

Options:
187Ω 10% Resistor
1N1870 Not valid as no metallic colors silver/gold are in Diode codes.
87μH Inductor using reversed - grey violet black gold

What do they measure for resistance out of circuit?

Last edited:

hipresr

Joined Mar 23, 2009
There are only two stripes(white then violet) and then all brown so i am not sure if they are 97ohm or 970 ohm. I did more searching last night and they call these clamping diodes since the circuit ends at solenoids to prevent voltage spike back. Unfortunately i have no idea where to find these high current load diodes that have resistor markings. One place sent me to semikron but did not find anything there. :(

thatoneguy

Joined Feb 19, 2009
In the third photo from the left, the flash is bouncing off what appears to be a black stripe.

1N97 or 1N970 w/black stripe

What voltage do these run at, and what inductors/coils are they across? A suitable substitute is likely available.