Is there such a thing?

xxdcmast

Joined Nov 18, 2004
I am very familiar with 8 bit decoders, you know where you put in eight 0-s or 1-s and you can have 256 possible combinations. Is there something that will allow you to go backwards from this? Takes 256 different lines and depending on which one is activated give you the binary representation for it

Brandon

Joined Dec 14, 2004
Originally posted by xxdcmast@Dec 22 2004, 12:34 PM
I am very familiar with 8 bit decoders, you know where you put in eight 0-s or 1-s and you can have 256 possible combinations. Is there something that will allow you to go backwards from this? Takes 256 different lines and depending on which one is activated give you the binary representation for it
[post=4264]Quoted post[/post]​
encoder

dragan733

Joined Dec 12, 2004
I tried to solve this task and I think that the solution is that. I solved the task with the circuits integrated CD4028, AND gates, EXNOR gates. In the attachment one can see the block schematic of the connections.
When the line of the data is activated on the output corresponding we have the binnary representation for its address.
When the line of the data is not activated on the output corresponding we have the inverted binnary representation for its address.