Is there any way of voting against someone without voting FOR someone else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
Did Watergate really take over 2 years?:eek:
There is an interesting old biography called, Nixon vs Nixon. Mostly about his self-destructive behavior. But, it claims he was such a loner and unlivable guy that nobody would have picked him for president if he didn't push the envelope. Trump and Nixon are so much alike.

Trump only has "friends" because he invites them to golf in great places. But, nobody enjoys hanging out with a 70-year-old that acts like a 12-year-old boy - especially a 12-year-old that wants to be Hugh Heffner. Slimey!

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
This comes from a group of people that ignore things that are clearly wrong?????
Chew on a couple of these little nuggets.
Feb. 7, 2017: Lied that the murder rate was the highest in 45 years
Feb. 10, 2017: Claimed without evidence that “thousands” of people were bused across state lines to vote.
Feb. 16, 2017: Lied about winning the most Electoral College votes since Ronald Reagan.
Feb. 6, 2017: Claimed that terrorist attacks across Europe are “not even being reported”
Jan. 26, 2017: Lied about Mexico’s president “agreeing to cancel” a meeting
Jan. 25, 2017: Lied about two people being shot and killed during Obama’s farewell speech

There are scores more if you care to look.
I patiently await your evidence that these little Trumpisms are not BS.
Who really wants the end of this stick....... I see Trump as a Bolas thrower at the Media. In the end it will cost him and he seems not to care.

Here is another bone........

http://www.e-ir.info/2013/05/27/does-the-media-manufacture-public-consent/

kv

ronv

Joined Nov 12, 2008
Who really wants the end of this stick.......
Can't say as I blame you.:)
I see Trump as a Bolas thrower at the Media. In the end it will cost him and he seems not to care.
He's that alright. But the sooner we stop tolerating it the sooner he may stop.

I kind of like Al Jazeera, but sometimes you have to wait a long time to see the world view of the US.
http://www.aljazeera.com/live/#

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
. Trump and Nixon are so much alike.
Oh c'mon, you can't mean that. Nixon was a brilliant political strategist and statesman. He brought himself down with paranoia and, well it's not useful to rehash his failings here. You might say similar things about Bill Clinton. But Trump is none of those things. Trump has some qualities but few of them overlap with Nixon's.

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
Can't say as I blame you.:)

He's that alright. But the sooner we stop tolerating it the sooner he may stop.

I kind of like Al Jazeera, but sometimes you have to wait a long time to see the world view of the US.
http://www.aljazeera.com/live/#

As I said, I gave you a bone, just like the media you suck on it.

kv

Who really wants the end of this stick....... I see Trump as a Bolas thrower at the Media. In the end it will cost him and he seems not to care.

Here is another bone........

http://www.e-ir.info/2013/05/27/does-the-media-manufacture-public-consent/

kv

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
The NY Times started the wiretapping story, not Trump. Are you suggesting they got it wrong?
Have you read the New York Times story? If you did, you have a very low reading level and misunderstood the article. i thought there was a previous post about how pius and accurate the Trump supporters on this thread are. Please show me the details of the NYT story that supports all aspects of trumps claim.

Also, why is trump claiming to read the NYT when it is obvious he can't read or hates to read. The briefings from his security team have to be one page with bullet points (no long sentences). Additionally, Trump claims over and over again that the NYT is a failed media outlet - why is he reading that paper?

I await your failure to address anything on this post.

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
Don't knock it until you try it. You should expand your world view.
Do you want to go back and defend the "end of the stick"?
Which end is it, the long end or the short end?
If you've ever used a primative outhouse, the long end was the handle. The short end was the cleaning tool.

ronv

Joined Nov 12, 2008
The NY Times started the wiretapping story, not Trump. Are you suggesting they got it wrong?
I'm not sure Trump understands how the data collection works. He probably still doesn't because he was out campaigning instead of listening today. This could be a big problem for him.
Not a good day when the intelligence community denies your claims and informs you your staff has been under investigation for months.
Did you watch the hearings today? What did you think?

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
Yea, Yea, mumbo jumbo.
Yes, the Media are just that and they continue to their reality according to the view.

Excellent Graphic.

kv

Chomsky and Herman argue similarly in their Propaganda Model but reject the normative aspect of propaganda (Lang and Lang, 2004:98; Herring and Robinson, 2003:565). According to the Propaganda Model, privately owned media in liberal democracies serves the interests of the political and corporate elite and is used as a tool to manufacture public consent (Herman and Chomsky, 1994:2).
This hypothesis rests upon the assumption that, as a result of the domination of money and power over the media system, five filters can be located through which all information needs to pass (Herman and Chomsky, 1994:2). These filters guarantee that the final media output will reflect the interests and opinions of the elite and only allow critical or controversial voices to pass if acceptable to the elite.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.