Is there any way of voting against someone without voting FOR someone else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
I'll be the president! :D

I like to argue and I usually back it up with reasonable facts to support my reasonings.

I also think any person in government that has any form of criminal record or has done anything that is clearly a criminal offence should beat minimum fired at on the spot if not jailed on the spot.

I also feel that prison time should be so miserably horrific that it actually scares people into behaving properly. Something like a 'Don't ask , Don't tell' prison system with North Korea.

I also think that no one should be able to serve in an elected or appointed government position for more than say 5 years.

I think that all voting for government anything at any level should be automated into a computer based system that gives every legal person who is affected by any law fair chance to volt themselves and not have their vote filtered through multiple levels of politicians first.

I also think we need to rework many of our federal law enforcement agencies back into being unbiased law enforcement entities so that knowingly braking a federal law actually has actual consequences regardless of whom you are or how much or little money or positions of fame or power you have.

I would like to have a death penalty fast lane for treasonable acts done by government officials and big business leaders plus all their life assets get confiscated and used to pay off their court and civil debts. Same for people serving life sentences without chance for parole.

I would also make it legal to not pay your lawyer if they lose your case. No win no services rendered thus no pay type deal. You're not paying them to lose being you can obviously do that just fine on your own.

A bounty on illegals and outright deadbeats like the fake beggars that hang out at the main entrances to every Walmart.

I would also make it legal to not only discipline your own kids in public but in fact discipline the parents of other kids who are acting out in public if they aren't handling their kids themselves.

Stockades and public shaming courtyards in front of ever court house and or mall for moderate misdemeanors and crimes. Let the public see you and know about what you did.

And that's just the beginning! :eek:

dannyf

Joined Sep 13, 2015
I'd hate myself
That's why you aren't his manager.

The trump vs. Clinton is an easy decision: there are 50 years plus of conclusive evidennce of corruption, incompetence, and lies for any person to think voting for her is good for the people. She represents the old way of doing business .

He is a big unknown but there is no evidennce of him doing bad from a position of power.

Between voting for something definitively bad and something potentially bad, the choice is clear.

If that's still not enough, go to his rallies and hers.

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
He is a big unknown but there is no evidennce of him doing bad from a position of power.
Have you watched the news lately?

A presidential candidate bashing a private citizen over her weight is beneath the dignity of the Office.

Making fun of Hillary while she had pneumonia is acceptable?

The reports of his sexist, demeaning behavior on the Apprentice talking about women's physical attributes and asking male contestants if they'd "sleep" with her.

Trump acts like a petulant child who can't take a slight without retaliating. He said as much himself. A person like that with the nuclear codes would be a threat to everyone on the planet.

Fortunately for the Country, his bad behavior over Machado and revelations of his business dealings have caused him to drop in all of the scientifically based polls.

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
I am going from a died in the wool Rep to Unaffiliated this year, in fact I changed it just before I wrote this post. I think that sends a message.

Then I'll vote according to what makes the most sense, since this year it's all up in the air. The normal Electorate vote for Utah is Rep, but I plan to vote for the locals, Gov and Senate.

President? Heck no, no vote from me.

kv

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
I'd like to see his original statement then
“Don’t you think a man who has this kind of economic genius is a lot better for the United States than a woman and the only thing she’s ever produced is a lot of work for the FBI checking out her emails.”
He was not making a comment about a man being preferred over a woman, as it's being made out to be.

What if he had said,

“Don’t you think a 70-yr-old New Yorker who has this kind of economic genius is a lot better for the United States than a 68-yr-old New Yorker and the only thing she’s ever produced is a lot of work for the FBI checking out her emails.”
In hindsight, he could have chosen the word "person" instead of detailing what sexes the two persons were.

Aleph(0)

Joined Mar 14, 2015
So now we're asked to chose between a swivel-headed caravel barker and a soulless sociopath!?
HP as usual you're being way to nice! I say your choices are between a psychotic racketeer (Clinton) and an imperialist disguised as an undisciplined baby (Trump)! Both of them are habitually lying, greed driven narcissists! Now I'm going to say something abt both of them! Ok I'm not US citizen but as a woman I have had it with Clinton thinking I should favor her just based on gender! Speaking for literally every woman I know (including HP and all I know in her generation) we are not monolithic bloc! For Clinton to think we are is totally more sexist than anything trump has come up with! Clinton is a hateful embittered old 1960s radical and a hypocrite extraordinaire! She sure as hell doesn't speak for me or anyone I know!

And now for Trump! His abuse of eminent domain alone is enough to disqualify him from public office! US is representative democracy not feudalism! He's just perfect example of capitalist imperialist simple as that! FWIW I think his big mouth is deliberate act to distract from his graver issues like fact he got through primary by projecting his character flaws on everyone else:mad:!

But here's point nearly everyone's missing! Both RNC and DNC could have done so much better! Those two TURDS being nominated says something that I think is the really scary thing!

Now here's my totally honest disclaimer, This isn't rant against the US cuz we sure as hell didn't do any better with our PM:mad::oops:

PS HP Sry about political rant but you posted on here b4 me:cool:!

Joined Nov 30, 2010
Where's that cartoon about starting a War on Jobs and Money?
I was reading yesterday as a, "reporter" was asking a person about emails and unpaid taxes.
It was frustrating because the interviewee kept demanding they talk about issues that actually affect the country.

dannyf

Joined Sep 13, 2015
This year's election may turn out to be brexit 2.0 - returning the power to the people and a complete repudiation of s corrupt institution.

That would be exciting.

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
His statement still looks bad ... but even worse than that was his comment: "everyone does it" when he talked about infidelity ... that's idiotic and disappointing

Uncle Joe seemed to sum-up one of the players pretty well...

Biden on Trump: 'He's not a bad man, but his ignorance is so profound'

http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/04/politics/joe-biden-donald-trump-new-day-interview/index.html

Some people confuse Trump's megalomania, narcissism, skewed self-image, and scoundrel-like (weasel-like) financial bottom-feeding acumen as evil or stupid or what-ever. I think he is just a product of a privileged youth. He reminds me of the C student from a rich family who is constantly told he is "the best".

He probably really believes he is making America great again. He just can't remember when "again" was. I'm guessing that "again" time was when he was declaring bankruptcy or diagnosed with bone spurs in his foot.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.